• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support with no PATERNITY TEST??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lindzo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OKLAHOMA BUT CASE IS IN TEXAS..

SO HERE IS MY SITUATION, DEFINITELY NEED SOME INSIGHT..HERE WE GO..

A woman sent me papers for child support to go to a negotiation conference, but ive never even had a paternity test or knew she was pregnant and the baby is 5 mnths old now. so should i ask for a paternity test first when i go to that negotiation conference before anything is done, because i dont want to give them any thing that makes them think i awknowledge the baby if i dont know if its mine. i need some guidance. thanks

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OKLAHOMA BUT CASE IS IN TEXAS..

SO HERE IS MY SITUATION, DEFINITELY NEED SOME INSIGHT..HERE WE GO..

A woman sent me papers for child support to go to a negotiation conference, but ive never even had a paternity test or knew she was pregnant and the baby is 5 mnths old now. so should i ask for a paternity test first when i go to that negotiation conference before anything is done, because i dont want to give them any thing that makes them think i awknowledge the baby if i dont know if its mine. i need some guidance. thanks

Yes, absolutely demand a paternity test. Agree to nothing before this takes place.

But whatever you do don't ignore ANY summons or demands from court, okay?

One other thing. Texas takes a straight percentage as child support - it's best you start saving now even if you don't hand over any money, just in case you get hit with arrears going back to the date of filing.

And if it turns out you're not the father, then you've got a nice little savings account going!

Isis1

Yes, absolutely demand a paternity test. Agree to nothing before this takes place.

But whatever you do don't ignore ANY summons or demands from court, okay?

One other thing. Texas takes a straight percentage as child support - it's best you start saving now even if you don't hand over any money, just in case you get hit with arrears going back to the date of filing.

And if it turns out you're not the father, then you've got a nice little savings account going!
perfect advice! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">