+ Reply to Thread
    MsSassi is offline Junior Member

Child Support from a Non-Working Parent

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I am currently heading back to court soon in regards to child support? My kids dad was once on court ordered child support and was dropped. We are currently going back to court to reinstate his child support that was ordered at $362.00 a month, when he was working. I am currently moving to another state to find that their dad is selling drugs and I do not want my kids in that environment. How can I keep the amount that was given to me at first without it being reduced because he is not working. Also how can I contact the judge preceding over our case in order to voice my opinion, since he has currently voiced his when he contested the child support order.
    Isis1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSassi View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I am currently heading back to court soon in regards to child support? My kids dad was once on court ordered child support and was dropped. We are currently going back to court to reinstate his child support that was ordered at $362.00 a month, when he was working. I am currently moving to another state to find that their dad is selling drugs and I do not want my kids in that environment. How can I keep the amount that was given to me at first without it being reduced because he is not working. Also how can I contact the judge preceding over our case in order to voice my opinion, since he has currently voiced his when he contested the child support order.
    if you want to voice your opinion, then you need to rpesent yourself at court.

how long has dad been unemployed? was he laid off or fired? quit? it is quite possible that dad may be imputed at his earning capability. even as unemplyed depending on the reason.

what i have seen, is if the unemployment was unintentional, then the judge may lower the amount temporarily, set a review hearing for about 6 months or so, to revisit the issue. giving the NCP a chance to regain full employment.
    MsSassi is offline Junior Member

Child Support from non working parent

He only started working, because he knew I was taking him to court & I told him that I was going to let the judge know that he was selling drugs. He quit his job right after we went to court for child support. Then he got behind on the child support and we dropped it so he would not have to go to jail. Yes, I was dumb, ignorant and stupid for doing that. I am now fed up and will not drop anything no matter what the circumstances are. I have moved and currently have my kids in a better environment where they have joined a football league, doing much better in school, but they still love their dad and wants to see him. I have moved to the state of Texas where I am going to court in Louisiana, because I did not want it to take to long to get my children's child support.
    thieneyes is offline Junior Member

Permission...

Did the courts approve for you to move the children? Were they informed prior to the move?