• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support from none working parent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loveshischild

What is the name of your state? Ca

I’m about to ask for child support my net is 3700. My X does not work and has no intentions in getting a job and she is remarried. Will I be able to get any support or help with tuition from her? And how would they collect it if she doesn’t work?What is the name of your state?

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Ca

I’m about to ask for child support my net is 3700. My X does not work and has no intentions in getting a job and she is remarried. Will I be able to get any support or help with tuition from her? And how would they collect it if she doesn’t work?What is the name of your state?
Yes, you will. An income will be imputed for her. Don't worry about how they will collect. Why are you just now asking for support? Why doesn't she work?

loveshischild

Yes, you will. An income will be imputed for her. Don't worry about how they will collect. Why are you just now asking for support? Why doesn't she work?
Well that’s a good question. Just never asked for support I just worked overtime for any extra money me or my daughter needed and that was my intentions this summer while my daughter visited her mother for the summer break. So if you read my post in Child Custody & Visitation “Advice” you will get the whole story got a lot of good advice from members of these forums. I go back to see my lawyer on the 13th for signing paper work to start Change of court order and was just wondering how child support worked. For her not working I dont know I have limited my contact with her for reasons posted in the other forum.

Thanks for replys:)

moburkes

You should've added these questions to the other post instead of starting another one. That way no one hasto search out other threads to find the answers to their questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">