• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support not fair in Washington State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrined

What is the name of your state? Washington (and California)
My ex is not doing any of the visitation which was ordered on our parenting plan. I should receive more money in support to reflect this, as it causes more financial hardship for me. In California where I live, child support is based on salaries and visitation. This is more fair. How do I change the law in Washington so that it is fair also? Or, how do I get more support using Washington law to the same result?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

W

WVA

I'm not sure why you are wanting more money??? How would your ex not utilizing his visitation cause more financial hardship for you? Washington law does provide for residential time in its calculations so this question confuses me. It should never be about money. Maybe you should put more of your efforts into trying to establish a relationship between your child and your ex rather than trying to punish your ex for not caring. Money does not make your child's emotional well-being get any better.

jbowman

I'm not sure why you are wanting more money??? How would your ex not utilizing his visitation cause more financial hardship for you?
Huh? This is a pretty stupid question. If child support is based on Dad having child 50 percent of the time and dad only has child 25 percent of the time, then Mom has more expenses.

W

WVA

Huh? This is a pretty stupid question. If child support is based on Dad having child 50 percent of the time and dad only has child 25 percent of the time, then Mom has more expenses.
Yes, but we don't know the residential schedule as it was never stated. Rarely do parents do a 50/50 custody schedule. I was referring to the standard "every-other-weekend" vacations etc schedule.

Perky

Washington law does provide for residential time in its calculations so this question confuses me.
Where did you find this information? As far as I can tell, WA only allows for significant residential time with NCP to affect the award, at the court's discretion. I don't see anything in the calculation itself that provides for residential time. :rolleyes:

W

WVA

Where did you find this information? As far as I can tell, WA only allows for significant residential time with NCP to affect the award, at the court's discretion. I don't see anything in the calculation itself that provides for residential time. :rolleyes:

You will find this information in any law library found at most court houses or by asking any WASHINGTON STATE attorney. I work in the legal profession (I am NOT a lawyer) and have seen this with my own eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">