• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akaschneider

What is the name of your state? NY to VA

Hello, I took custody of my son from his mother about 3 years ago and everytime we would start to file for child support in NY she would move. So an order for support was never established. My job offered me more money in VA so we moved. Finally she has moved back to NY for the time being. Do I have to file for support in NY or can I do it in VA. The custody order was established in NY. And in this order is says traveling expsesses to be shared by both parties. And she has never helped out even a little with them. So can I request a set amount for this in the support order also.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You did file a notice of relocation with the court correct before you moved?
And it has to be filed in New York. Because they still have jurisdiction since the NCP lives there.

akaschneider

Of course I did and in the agreement I came up with her in court she is supposed to assist in her schedueled visitation time. For now she lives in NY last month it was in KS and last year it was Minn. Tired of playing childrens games.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You file quickly in New York through CSEA and they will set the calculated amount to be paid by mom. Collecting it is another thing. Deviations such as traveling expenses are a deviation and you would need to go through court for that in order for the court to set that amount. But try getting an administrative amount set and then go to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">