• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support overpayment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

custody123

Michigan. 2 boys. june 2010. I have one 16 yr old and my ex has one 13. once the order of custody was signed I submitted for a modification. august 2010 FOC gave their recomendation for support, it was $53 a month for me. my ex filed a objection and we were scheduled for mediation in nov 2010. from aug 2010 I paid support under the old order for 1 child(because the new order is not signed, due to objection). after mediation in november it is determined we both make approx same wages and support will be 0-0. i had to maintain $50 a month for fees and health and welfare, paid thru FOC. a credit for overpayment of $1100 was put against my account, due to the fact my ex spent the money overpaid. june 2011, my youngest son moves with me, I have 2 minor children, she has none. she now pays me support on 2. does the overpayment remaining on my account turn to a arrearage??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">