• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support owed AGAIN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knitlady

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

My ex owes us money AGAIN. This time he was asked to give me the paystubs since 2010. I was presented with W2's. He has created an excel document deducting insurance and tax from his gross pay as per usual. He has also taken out "standard tax deduction" and "exemption deduction"

These may be typical if I had a tax return to view. They may also be included here so that I cannot see his tax return. He likes to hide money from his kids. :(

Anyway... All my grumbling aside, how is support calculated using a W2, please?

Does anyone know if an exact figure is possible from this information?

We have operated on the state allowable percentages.

Thank you for you time and any information!

:)

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

My ex owes us money AGAIN. This time he was asked to give me the paystubs since 2010. I was presented with W2's. He has created an excel document deducting insurance and tax from his gross pay as per usual. He has also taken out "standard tax deduction" and "exemption deduction"

These may be typical if I had a tax return to view. They may also be included here so that I cannot see his tax return. He likes to hide money from his kids. :(

Anyway... All my grumbling aside, how is support calculated using a W2, please?

Does anyone know if an exact figure is possible from this information?

We have operated on the state allowable percentages.

Thank you for you time and any information!

:)
Try here:

http://www.childsupportillinois.com/general/calculating.html

Astrolink

Asking for 5 1/2 years of paystubs seems unreasonable. Many folks that provide W2's instead of tax returns do so to not reveal what their new spouse's income on their joint return. Can you elaborate how your ex owes you money? Is he in contempt?

knitlady

Asking for 5 1/2 years of paystubs seems unreasonable. Many folks that provide W2's instead of tax returns do so to not reveal what their new spouse's income on their joint return. Can you elaborate how your ex owes you money? Is he in contempt?
He has paid short of what he owed. Asking for what he owes his kids, when he has just been caught cheating them for the 3rd time doesn't seem unreasonable to me. The last time was 10's of thousands in raises unreported. Standard percentage of net is pretty clear... When your net changes the amount does change :)

He doesn't have a spouse... just an ex and 4 kids he does love to cheat out of the money owed to them. :D

single317dad

He has paid short of what he owed. Asking for what he owes his kids, when he has just been caught cheating them for the 3rd time doesn't seem unreasonable to me. The last time was 10's of thousands in raises unreported. Standard percentage of net is pretty clear... When your net changes the amount does change :)

He doesn't have a spouse... just an ex and 4 kids he does love to cheat out of the money owed to them. :D
So he's not actually behind? He just got a raise(es)? If so, he doesn't owe you anything yet, and he doesn't owe the kids anything regardless.

Proserpina

How.. lovely.

No, really.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Since you seemed to know about the raises, why didn't you file for a modification?

And as stated by another poster - he doesn't owe your joint kids any money. Do you understand why?

CSO286

a. Unless he was ordered to pay more, he is not cheating anyone.

b. If he has had pay increases and you beleive that they have been enough to warrant a modification of support, then file for one. He isn't required to do so, unless your court order spells that out. You said "When your net changes, the amount does change"---this is not true, until the court orderes a change, the amount does not change.

c. He is not cheating the children out of anything, because any money owed is not owed to them, it is owed to you or to the state, where applicable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">