• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Ok, now I'm really confused, the advisor told me I can wait. I don't know his situation but why would he assume that I can wait as if he knows my situation. Are you reading all the threads. I guess I was expecting more from this site because I seem to be getting some mean responses. I'm not yelling. Sorry I guess I should have researched how REAL this site it because I can't imagine lawyers with this attitude.
There is one more reason why they hold the refund, and that is to make sure that there were no mistakes on his tax return that would cause the IRS to take the money back. Unfortunately, the problem is that the IRS can snatch the money back from the state and there is nothing that the state can do about it. If the state has already disbursed the money to you, and the IRS snatches it back, then the state would have to collect the money back from you.
So its not just whether or not your ex disputes the offset or has a spouse who would file injured spouse (not innocent spouse as was previously stated).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">