• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B. Foster

What is the name of your state? California
My son has to pay child support for his 12 year old son to the ammount of $450 a month. He is currently incarserated in prison for 32 months since last October. Is there a way to get the support payment obligation put on hold until he is freed from prison, because there is no way for him to earn any money.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

B. Foster said:
What is the name of your state? California
My son has to pay child support for his 12 year old son to the ammount of $450 a month. He is currently incarserated in prison for 32 months since last October. Is there a way to get the support payment obligation put on hold until he is freed from prison, because there is no way for him to earn any money.

My response:

Once he steps foot behind those bars, child support is automatically placed on "hold". But, when he steps out, he'll have a whopper of an arrearage bill to pay.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">