• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support payments...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

merriejo69

What is the name of your state? Washington
:mad:
I am not able to work right now and I have an appeal with SSI which won't go in front of a judge until next year according to my attorney. The state is wanting me to go to work anyways to pay my child support every month. My court appointed attorney for this had me sign some papers the last time I went to court. I did not realize that they were papers saying that I would agree to look for work. When I go to court next month I will probably be going to jail because I am not able to work at this time and they don't want to wait until next year for me to get my back pay from Social Security to pay off the back child support that I owe. I get to see my kids every month, but if I go to jail I will no longer be able to see them. My ex doesn't even want any money from me until I can afford to pay. My ex and I are just now going through a divorce. Legally we are still married. What can I do about this? My court appointed attorney is obviously not on my side. Any information would be very helpful. Please e-mail me at: [email protected]. Thank You

fairisfair said:
Okay, cough up the rest of the info, why is the state involved??
Try reading the post... the state is involved because he has a child support order. He is not working because he is not able to work... waiting on SSI, going through the appeal process... the state is involved because he is not paying his child support due to not working. Kids are possibly receiving some sort of government assistance such as the government health care program in his state.

E

eme76

NotAnAttorney said:
Try reading the post... the state is involved because he has a child support order. He is not working because he is not able to work... waiting on SSI, going through the appeal process... the state is involved because he is not paying his child support due to not working. Kids are possibly receiving some sort of government assistance such as the government health care program in his state.
it would be a good idea to loose the 'tude

CALIF-LAWPRO26

merriejo69 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington
I am not able to work right now and I have an appeal with SSI which won't go in front of a judge until next year according to my attorney. The state is wanting me to go to work anyways to pay my child support every month. My court appointed attorney for this had me sign some papers the last time I went to court. I did not realize that they were papers saying that I would agree to look for work. When I go to court next month I will probably be going to jail because I am not able to work at this time and they don't want to wait until next year for me to get my back pay from Social Security to pay off the back child support that I owe. I get to see my kids every month, but if I go to jail I will no longer be able to see them. My ex doesn't even want any money from me until I can afford to pay. My ex and I are just now going through a divorce. Legally we are still married. What can I do about this? My court appointed attorney is obviously not on my side. Any information would be very helpful. Please e-mail me at: [email protected]. Thank You
My response:

You're obviously well-educated. I can't find one misspelling in your post, yet here you are on a computer. Do you mean to tell me that you can't do data entry work? Bull crap!

You're going to jail. You deserve to learn a big lesson - - maybe then you'll scour the Want Ads to find data entry work.

IAAL

Shawna

CALIF-LAWPRO26 said:
My response:

You're obviously well-educated. I can't find one misspelling in your post, yet here you are on a computer. Do you mean to tell me that you can't do data entry work? Bull crap!

You're going to jail. You deserve to learn a big lesson - - maybe then you'll scour the Want Ads to find data entry work.

IAAL
What does misspelled words have to do with OP doing data entry work? Data entry work isn't so easy to come by, you must type a certain amount of keystrokes per minute. I have fibro and lupus and it is hard for me sometimes to type on this computer.

OP do you have something from your doctor stating that you can't work? That might help when you go to court along with proof that you are awaiting your SSI hearing. Good Luck!

CALIF-LAWPRO26

Shawna said:
What does misspelled words have to do with OP doing data entry work?

MY RESPONSE: I was talking about the ABSENSE of his misspellings, and saying that he appears to be someone with an education - - I wasn't comparing that to data entry. I was saying, if you read, that since he's using a computer, he can do data entry or something else with a computer to earn a living. Hell, I don't care if the guy stuffs envelopes.!! He even knows about proper apostrophe usage! Imagine that?

Data entry work isn't so easy to come by, you must type a certain amount of keystrokes per minute. I have fibro and lupus and it is hard for me sometimes to type on this computer.

MY RESPONSE: You know what? In today's economy, "work" is hard to come by in ANY field - - unless you want to work at a fast-food drive through. "Hard for [you] sometimes"? Well, then you "sometimes" do some work to feed your children!!
This guy's going to jail. Want to know why? Because the judge will have the same attitude and opinion about it as I do, and the judge is also there to protect the taxpayers.

His doctor's note will be useless if he can type. He better come into court in a full body cast and in a wheelchair.

IAAL

merriejo69

I see my kids every month, my ex is not on any state assistance, I get food stamps and I feed my kids when they are with me. I am a diabetic with no High School education or GED. I only have experience with fast food. I have no warning signs with a low blood sugar and cannot go to work because of this. The last time I worked I has a low blood sugar at work, had no warning sign to take care of it & was lucky that my boss was behind me because I had my cash register open waiting on a customer and I collapsed and went into convulsions. I have applied for medical help through the state and am waiting for thier decision. The doctor said that I am a brittle diabetic and he can understand why I am scared to go back to work. It is going to take the help of a doctor in order for me to go back to work, but I can't do that without some kind of help. If they through me in jail, then fine. I am not scared of jail. I just won't be able to see my kids. If you want to pay for my doctors visits so I can go to work, then be my guest MR. Data Entry.

GrowUp!

Shawna said:
What does misspelled words have to do with OP doing data entry work? Data entry work isn't so easy to come by, you must type a certain amount of keystrokes per minute. I have fibro and lupus and it is hard for me sometimes to type on this computer.

OP do you have something from your doctor stating that you can't work? That might help when you go to court along with proof that you are awaiting your SSI hearing. Good Luck!
How about knowing what in the hell you are talking about? :rolleyes:

GrowUp!

merriejo69 said:
I see my kids every month, my ex is not on any state assistance, I get food stamps and I feed my kids when they are with me. I am a diabetic with no High School education or GED. I only have experience with fast food. I have no warning signs with a low blood sugar and cannot go to work because of this. The last time I worked I has a low blood sugar at work, had no warning sign to take care of it & was lucky that my boss was behind me because I had my cash register open waiting on a customer and I collapsed and went into convulsions. I have applied for medical help through the state and am waiting for thier decision. The doctor said that I am a brittle diabetic and he can understand why I am scared to go back to work. It is going to take the help of a doctor in order for me to go back to work, but I can't do that without some kind of help. If they through me in jail, then fine. I am not scared of jail. I just won't be able to see my kids. If you want to pay for my doctors visits so I can go to work, then be my guest MR. Data Entry.
See bolded part. Not to be unsensitive to your condition, but it appears that any medical problems (convulsions, etc) can be avoid by ensuring your blood-sugar levels don't get low enough to prompt your body to react.

So your doctor isn't telling you when you should be eating/drinking and what amounts to avoid your blood-sugar level getting at this dangerously low level? I work with people who have low blood-sugar and they have to eat at specific times or within specified time durations (since their last meal, etc.).

If you were denied, their decision stands until the appeal is heard and ruled on (that is IF it changes). You might have to find some sort of work to hold you over.

nextwife

My uncle was a childhood diabetic- and that was in the 30s, when it was much harder for diabetics to monitor. And, because he carefully watched what he ate, and when, he not only lived into his 70s, but was a practicing physician his entire career. If your swings are that erratic, I have to wonder how concientious you are about your food consumption choices, and making certain of eating on a certain schedule.

MrsK

merriejo69 said:
Your disease is controllable. I have many ppl in my family with diabetes and I myself have low blood sugar.

If you WANT to work, you will do so. To me, you are just making excuses as to why you can not. Many people who have to make ends meet do so, regardless of their circumstances.

It looks like you are already on welfare- why dont you get a little more and get some education (at least a GED) and some job training, learn to control your disease, and support your children. You should never have created children if you could not care for them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">