• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

desperatemom

What is the name of your state? FL
I'm active duty military mom, i got divorced from my state of resident which is Fl. my son father was ordered in the divorce decree to pay Child support of $400/month, i am the custodial parent. My son had lived with him for 6 months last year at which time i was sending him money. Now my son lives with me its' been almost a year, he has not paid child support not once. He's trying to modify the custody of our son to him being the custodial parent reason behind it is because i'm stationed overseasbut he wants it done in Ohio. He filed paper work through his state Ohio, he's lawyer has requested for FL to relinquish their Jurisdiction to Ohio his home state. I've filed for a Motion of Contempt in FL for not paying child support. Will the judge relinquish jurisdiction because i'm not physically in Fl ( it is my state of residency) due to military duties? Will he get custody of my son which he has not been taking care of for the past year? I'm afraid of losing my son . Please help

Neal1421

desperatemom said:
What is the name of your state? FL
I'm active duty military mom, i got divorced from my state of resident which is Fl. my son father was ordered in the divorce decree to pay Child support of $400/month, i am the custodial parent. My son had lived with him for 6 months last year at which time i was sending him money. Now my son lives with me its' been almost a year, he has not paid child support not once. He's trying to modify the custody of our son to him being the custodial parent reason behind it is because i'm stationed overseasbut he wants it done in Ohio. He filed paper work through his state Ohio, he's lawyer has requested for FL to relinquish their Jurisdiction to Ohio his home state. I've filed for a Motion of Contempt in FL for not paying child support. Will the judge relinquish jurisdiction because i'm not physically in Fl ( it is my state of residency) due to military duties? Will he get custody of my son which he has not been taking care of for the past year? I'm afraid of losing my son . Please help
Where is your son living now since you are overseas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">