• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Pretrial Discovery in Florida/ motion for discovery?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StaticGhost

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? fla.

i am being sued for some alleged missed child support payments. ( i pay mother directly ) as well as they are asking for a increase in the amount that i am currently paying. their petition is extremely vague it states no amount or dates of missed payments etc.and i need to know exactly what they think i owe and why. i have searched the online family court legal forms for my area which is Daytona Beach Fl. in the county of volusia. for a motion for discovery and have only found Standard Family Law Interrogatories for Original or Enforcement Proceedings. FORM 12.930(b) it covers mostly income related information the instructions state When: should this form be used?

This form should be used to ask the other party in your case to answer certain standard questions in writing. These questions are called interrogatories, and they must relate to your case.

In addition to the standard questions in this form, you may ask up to 10 additional questions. You should type or print legibly your additional questions on a separate sheet of paper and attach it to this form. If you want to ask more than 10 additional questions, you will need to get permission from the judge.

i was hoping i could add something like the motion i wrote below.or should i just attach it to the standard REQUEST FOR INTERROGATORIES form. after all this is a trial and and i should be able to have discovery of all materials used to state their case right ? the real question is do i have to file a motion for discovery or can i attach this along with the form stated above ?

REQUEST FOR INTERROGATORIES [or should this be motion for discovery? ]

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE SEVENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT,
IN AND FOR VOLUSIA COUNTY, FLORIDA

Case No.:
Division: Julianne Piggotte – Div. 36
Petitioner,

and

REQUEST FOR INTERROGATORIES
Plaintiff ____________________________ requests that Petitioner _________________________________ answer the following interrogatories in connection with this matter. If objection is made, please state the reason for the objection. If denying the matter, please set forth in detail the reasons why the answering party cannot answer the questions.

1. Identify all persons answering or supplying information used in answering these
Interrogatories.

2. State and describe in detail reason for Petition including all dates and all evidence including documents, Electronically stored information, affidavits emails and/or statements upon which you intend to rely, or
submit at trial.

3. Provide a completed Family Law Financial Affidavit (Short Form)

4. State the name, address, and telephone number of each person you intend on calling as a witness at the hearing

Dated this 8th day of June, 2011

Attorney or YourselfWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">