• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support purge met but still have warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

I actually just found a paralegal that will file a motion to quash to remove the warrant because I am current on my child support and The Purge was paid because child support and the courts are separate so thank you for your judgment have a nice day. By the way Im not your ex spouses. I pay for my children.
Alrighty, then.

Proserpina

I actually just found a paralegal that will file a motion to quash to remove the warrant because I am current on my child support and The Purge was paid because child support and the courts are separate so thank you for your judgment have a nice day. By the way Im not your ex spouses. I pay for my children. I KNOW I'M LYING BUT I WANT TO TRY TO SAVE FACE
Delightful.

justalayman

I actually just found a paralegal that will file a motion to quash to remove the warrant because I am current on my child support and The Purge was paid because child support and the courts are separate so thank you for your judgment have a nice day. By the way Im not your ex spouses. I pay for my children.
But even by your own statement you are not current with your child support obligation. You have stated several times there is still an amount of $1564.31. Only when there are no arrears are you current.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So you actually found a paralegal to break the law and practice law without a license? Fabulous. That should really help. One criminal helping another.

Stephpoh

Paralegal can write a motion for me to file.

Its not practicing law to write a motion for me. Its doing what she is trained to do. Also, for you to insult me when I asked a question show you harbor resentment and probably should not have responded to my question. If you dont know...you dont know. Not what you assume. By the way, my remaing balance is because everyone in Florida starts in the hole. If you didnt know that you shouldnt assume either. I told you I got the purge because I did not go to my final divorce proceedings. I am not responding anymore so bombs away. I got what I want from someone that can help me.
Again thanks and have a nice day.

justalayman

Its not practicing law to write a motion for me. Its doing what she is trained to do. Also, for you to insult me when I asked a question show you harbor resentment and probably should not have responded to my question. If you dont know...you dont know. Not what you assume. By the way, my remaing balance is because everyone in Florida starts in the hole. If you didnt know that you shouldnt assume either. I told you I got the purge because I did not go to my final divorce proceedings. I am not responding anymore so bombs away. I got what I want from someone that can help me.
Again thanks and have a nice day.
Yes, writing a motion for you is practicing law but above that, you said they would file file it for you. Both are practicing law. A non-lawyer cannot draft legal documents on behalf of another.

And no, not everybody in Florida starts in the hole. I have no idea where you get these ideas but I think I would look for another source of information. Your current resource is apparently incorrect a good portion of the time.

You are also wrong about a purge. You are given a purge amount because you have gone without paying your child support obligation long enough where a court has issued a body attachment (effectively a warrant for your arrest). A body attachment is not immediately issued upon an order for support regardless of your claim otherwise

But above all; your remaining balance is because you have not paid your child support as the court ordered. It's as simple as that.

Btw; a doctor is trained to operate on people but until they recieve a state issues license it is unlawful for them to chop people up. A paralegal is allowed to work under the direction and employ of an attorney. They do not get to freelance regardless of their training.

Last edited:

Stephpoh

I would not hire any of you to represent me

Im glad that all of your law degrees arent attached to your user names. Oh wait your not lawyers are you? Anyways, Im done. I AM FILING A MOTION TO QUASH BECAUSE I CAN FOR MY CIRCUMSTANCES. So, that is how you remove a warrant without going to court. I set myself up by saying anything on here. Im sorry my wording was not exact and you think you know me personally but you dont. Im over it.

Stephpoh

Paralegal do in Florida. Trust me google it.

They do paperwork for people who represent themselves legal through businesses in the state of Florida. They file motions, complete divorce packets and everything. They can not represent you but they can under your instruction complete paperwork and motions to the court.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
They do paperwork for people who represent themselves legal through businesses in the state of Florida. They file motions, complete divorce packets and everything. They can not represent you but they can under your instruction complete paperwork and motions to the court.
Oh - must be true, since you Googled it! LOL

So how old are the kids you're not supporting?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Oh - must be true, since you Googled it! LOL

So how old are the kids you're not supporting?
She might want to read 10-2.1 and 10-2.2 of the Florida bar rules.
Because this:
Its not practicing law to write a motion for me.
Yeah, it is.

The nonlawyer may not give legal advice or give advice on remedies or courses of action. Legal forms approved by the Supreme Court of Florida which may be completed as set forth herein shall only include and are limited to the following forms, and any other legal form whether promulgated or approved by the Supreme Court is not a Supreme Court Approved Form for the purposes of this rule:

(1) forms which have been approved by the Supreme Court of Florida specifically pursuant to the authority of rule 10-2.1(a) [formerly rule 10-1.1(b)] of the Rules Regulating The Florida Bar;
(2) the Family Law Forms contained in the Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure; and

(3) the Florida Supreme Court Approved Family Law Forms contained in the Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure.
Writing a motion is not filling in blanks on an approved form.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Not according to the bar rules they cannot. They can help you complete forms. But not tell you what to file or write motions. Or file them.

justalayman

Im glad that all of your law degrees arent attached to your user names. Oh wait your not lawyers are you? Anyways, Im done. I AM FILING A MOTION TO QUASH BECAUSE I CAN FOR MY CIRCUMSTANCES. So, that is how you remove a warrant without going to court. I set myself up by saying anything on here. Im sorry my wording was not exact and you think you know me personally but you dont. Im over it.
Actually, at least one person responding is a lawyer. I don't recall if there were others responding as well. Btw; the one giving you actual court rules; lawyer.

Oh, and if the court requires a hearing on your motion; guess what, you go to court. Some motions won't require hearings, some will. Given yours may very well require some explanation to the court, you just might find yourself in court and your paralegal that is breaking the law is not going to be able to represent you but a lawyer might be able to.

Oh, and if the court denies your motion they will likely enforce the body attachment and take you into custody right then and there so you may want to find a way to bring cash with you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">