• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmmoncho

I am currently living with my sons father. I have been receiving child support since he is in the Army and is always deploying. We have recently broken up and now that we have broken up he is demanding that I hand over the child support money to him each month or he says he will kick me out. Is is legal for him to force me to give him the child support money each month ? I have no choice but to comply because I moved here from NY and have no where to go nor do I have enough money saved to get my own place yet.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
You do not have to pay him any child support unless the court has ordered you to do so.
Sounds like Dad is telling Mom to pay him rent (or he'll kick her out) and the amount is the same as the CS amount that Dad is paying Mom. :cool:

I'd like to know where "here" is, as far as the OP is concerned. She's from NY, but not a clue where she is currently located, if there are any court orders (I'm supposing there are at least CS orders, since Dad is paying that) and what she's doing to support this child.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">