• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sassyamber

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri If I want to go after my daughters biological father for child support would I have to let him see her or anything since he hasn't seen her since the day she was born?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Once you file for CS and he is legally determined to be the father, then he has the right to apply for custody/visitation.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri If I want to go after my daughters biological father for child support would I have to let him see her or anything since he hasn't seen her since the day she was born?

If he files for visitation? Yeap.

If he doesn't? Nope.

cyjeff

Put another way, you cannot name the father to receive monies without preparing yourself that a court will grant visitation/custody.

You can't have it both ways.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">