• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddybee2015

Single317dad,

Thank you for your input first off. Also, as far as any wages being imputed for her during the calculations didn't happen because she has never had a job. Right before she filed for child support by way of her husband manipulating her in to in order to support them both she was on TANF, SNAP, & receiving my daughters disability since she applied for it and was appointed her payee. Not to mention her time limit was almost up but when the court order went in to effect it deletes one month of TANF she has received in the past and allows her to continue to get TANF.

She receives $333 in TANF, I believe 346 in SNAP, and I believe $784 in disability for my daughter and none of it was included as part of the calculations not that it would make a difference or not, that I really don't know to be honest.

She can't be required to get a job in much the same way that you cannot be required to get a job. You can be required to pay support, but if you can do that somehow without getting a job, then more power to you.

She is being held responsible for her portion of the children's support. Child support ordered is one parent paying the other the offsetting share of expected expenses for the children. If you're paying $700/mo in support, that doesn't mean it costs $700/mo to support your children. It's more like $1000, $1400, or most likely more. The custodial parent nearly always gets the short end of the stick in support calculations.

If she's not working, your ex should have been imputed a wage at either minimum wage, or at a wage she's proven in the past she can consistently earn for the purposes of calculation. If that didn't happen, you made a mistake in the process, and you should file for a proper modification at the earliest interval the law allows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">