• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extramalto

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I don't want to pay child support because I have no job and I pretty much don't have money. My gf is fine with this. But it's the law , so how does that work if my gf is fine with me not paying child support? How do we go about doing that?

She lives in LA. I live in a different city ( still ca).
She lied to her case workers when applying for ebt that she does not know the father. I did not want her to do that. I signed the birth certificate.

I received a child support letter a few months ago. I haven't really looked at it. My gf says to not fill it out or turn it in. Is it bad if I don't fill it out and send it back?

I don't know what to do. Is the government going to come after me? What will they do?

Silverplum

I don't want to pay child support because I have no job and I pretty much don't have money. My gf is fine with this. But it's the law , so how does that work if my gf is fine with me not paying child support? How do we go about doing that?

She lied to her case workers when applying for ebt that she does not know the father. I did not want her to do that. I signed the birth certificate.

I received a child support letter a few months ago. I haven't really looked at it. My gf says to not fill it out or turn it in. Is it bad if I don't fill it out and send it back?

I don't know what to do. Is the government going to come after me? What will they do?
You want us to teach you how to get out of paying child support?

I don't think so.

:rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Yes, the government expects BOTH parents to support their child. I would suggest that you stop taking legal advice from your ex. I know she's not your ex yet, but she really doesn't have your best interest at heart.

Extramalto

You want us to teach you how to get out of paying child support?

I don't think so.

:rolleyes:
But she is ok with me not paying child support . I have heard about other people that don't pay child support because there girlfriend is ok with them not paying child support but how do they set that up?

Silverplum

But she is ok with me not paying child support . I have heard about other people that don't pay child support because there girlfriend is ok with them not paying child support but how do they set that up?
See Post #2. Or #3.

And stop asking the same question. It's been answered.

Zigner

Too late - the GOVERNMENT has stepped in to take up the slack, and they won't be ok with it.

Extramalto

No. I am supporting my child. I plan to help as much as I possibly can and I do. But like I said I have no job. I can't get a job. I can't do anything. I am useless. I can help with raising my baby boy though, and I will. But this child support stuff is confusing .

Zigner

No. I am supporting my child. I plan to help as much as I possibly can and I do. But like I said I have no job. I can't get a job. I can't do anything. I am useless. I can help with raising my baby boy though, and I will. But this child support stuff is confusing .
How are you supporting your child?

Extramalto

How are you supporting your child?

I help raise him. He is 7 months. Change diapers . Put him to sleep for naps so mom can get rest. Go on walks with him. Read to him. Clean his dirty poopy clothes . Feed him.

I plan to be completely involved and a part of his life. I play piano. I want to teach him piano and teach him so much more.

I don't have money. My parents do. With there money I pay for food and diapers. We both live with our parents .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">