• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support reduced, then vanished

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

etch_etch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Hi everyone. I live with my gf, court decided that she was due 800 a month from her ex husband. At the time of the divorce he was a business owner and owned three properties including the business building.

After his mother passed, he lost control of everything, lost his business, ans just finished selling his last property.

He has no known job, he lives with his gf who has no known job, yet they just moved from a one bedrom place to a three bedroom place. He states that his gf's dad is sending them money to pay rent and bills.

About six months ago the child support checks were halved, stating he had money problems and he needed the rest for himself to live.

Right after moving to the threebedroom spot, he know says he can't send any cs money, until paperwork is finalized on the property he just sold.

He is a drug abuser as is his gf, his oldest son told me that they use painkillers. Maybe something else, my gf has walked in on one of their house guests shooting up in a bathroom with a needle. Sometimes he talks super fast, other days he is slurring his speech real bad. He does not drink, so I guess it is some substance abuse.

My question is whether there is a child support case here? If he doesnt work then my gf pretty much can't pursue anything right?

Btw, the cs checks that did arrive were always written from his successful sister, not him.

Any help would be appreciated.

Proserpina

Hi everyone. I live with my gf, court decided that she was due 800 a month from her ex husband. At the time of the divorce he was a business owner and owned three properties including the business building.

After his mother passed, he lost control of everything, lost his business, ans just finished selling his last property.

He has no known job, he lives with his gf who has no known job, yet they just moved from a one bedrom place to a three bedroom place. He states that his gf's dad is sending them money to pay rent and bills.

About six months ago the child support checks were halved, stating he had money problems and he needed the rest for himself to live.

Right after moving to the threebedroom spot, he know says he can't send any cs money, until paperwork is finalized on the property he just sold.

He is a drug abuser as is his gf, his oldest son told me that they use painkillers. Maybe something else, my gf has walked in on one of their house guests shooting up in a bathroom with a needle. Sometimes he talks super fast, other days he is slurring his speech real bad. He does not drink, so I guess it is some substance abuse.

My question is whether there is a child support case here? If he doesnt work then my gf pretty much can't pursue anything right?

Btw, the cs checks that did arrive were always written from his successful sister, not him.

I'm glad your girlfriend is so super concerned about drug use around her son.

Wait, she's not here asking about that? Ok. Maybe not such a big deal then.

Have her sign up. We'll try to help her if we can. :cool:

Isis1

you have a posting history, so until i read that, my advice will be vague.

what does your girlfriend want to do? not you, the girlfriend? she should be involved in her own legal matters and not involving you. so it would be better for her to get FREE help and sit her down at the computer so she can get to the bottom of what she wants to acommplish.

etch_etch

I'm glad your girlfriend is so super concerned about drug use around her son.

Wait, she's not here asking about that? Ok. Maybe not such a big deal then.

Have her sign up. We'll try to help her if we can. :cool:
She feels that their dad would never hurt their kids no matter how bad he gets. Sometimes I feel more concerned for the kids than she does. She is not computer literate, I am doing this to just she if it would be worth having a face to face with an attorney, of if it would be a waste of time.

etch_etch

posting history.

mom must hang out at some queationable places to attact these types of men....
Not that I should have to explain myself but I will entertain your useless remark.

You can judge all you want, her ex-husband used to have it together as I mentioned earlier he was a succussful business owner, but I think his mom is who ran eveything behind the scenes. After her death he has gone down hill.

As for me, I dont care what you think I am just asking advice. I am drug free., alcohol free, manage a hotel, and my past is exactly that-my past. I stole from walmart while drinking with friends, big whoop I was still in college acting a fool. I have grown since then.

We dont need the cs checks, I am just wondering if it is somethign worth pursuing if the money is due to her. Or even a custody case since he is not working he just pops pills all day with his gf. She doesn't use computers, I am just doing preliminary research to see if we should have a sit down with a lawyer.

If you can ADD to the discussion please do, I would appreciate it.

If you want to judge me, just save it. This is forum is for advice not for judging people.

Proserpina

that's only assuming it's not an insulin shot...but yeah, if mom is okay with it, you really need to reveiw how involved you want to be with this woman. and have kids with her?

I'm assuming it wasn't insulin. Because the third party would've said so.

;)

etch_etch

if mom isn't concerned then we aren't. she is computer literate. if she can drive a car, she can navigate the web.

and don't go around punching cars to prove your point. :rolleyes:
So anyone who can drive can use a computer? What planet are you from? How do you equate the two?

Any advice would be appreciated if judging makes you feel better then go ahead I am glad to help.

I am just looking for advice on her behalf, english is her second language, she does not use computers, she is my gf, not my wife, not mother of my kids, get off your high horses and give some advice if you can help.

etch_etch

I'm assuming it wasn't insulin. Because the third party would've said so.

;)
I wouldnt know i wasnt there,but i doubt it was insulin. She has already tried to get custody based on drug use, he passed all the drug tests. They give him notice of the tests, he just made sure he was clean. His neice is a lawyer, so he gets free lawyer too.

etch_etch

You guys give this site a bad name. I will def report you guys for making this a hostile community, it should not be like this here, guys.

You are acting like children, if you can help then do it. If not keep it to yourself, low self esteem at your age is something that should have been resolved long ago.

I'm sure you feel better after a day of judging people on the forum,ty for your contribution to the forum, glad I could help you feel better.

etch_etch

Maybe she doesnt want to learn, want me to force her to learn. What does this have to do with the topic of the original post. Thank you for your useless comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isis1

Maybe she doesnt want to learn, want me to force her to learn. What does this have to do with the topic of the original post. Thank you for your useless comment.
if she doesn't WANT to learn, then she isn't that interested in what YOU are trying to do while airing HER legal business all over the internet. get that yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

etch_etch

if she doesn't WANT to learn, then she isn't that interested in what YOU are trying to do while airing HER legal business all over the internet. get that yet?
This is an anonymous forum, Im sure she doesn't mind me trying to do some research. Get that yet? This place is for advice not for judging, get that yet?

Isis1

This is an anonymous forum, Im sure she doesn't mind me trying to do some research. Get that yet? This place is for advice not for judging, get that yet?
so you haven't even asked her? that's why we don't help third parties.

etch_etch

so you haven't even asked her? that's why we don't help third parties.
She is sitting right here with me, why do you assume so much?

Are you an adult of is tbis some kind of joke, this is an advice forum. You want me to re-word the question in first person format tl make you feel, good inside?

Please find another thread to troll around, I am just looking for advice, hence the name of the site.

Just go away, you have not added anything to the discussion. "Get that yet?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">