• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support refund ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlee19841

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I've been paying child support for about 2 years. It is a court ordered case for child support that i pay. Not just a verbal agreement between me and the ex-girlfriend. i just have a quick question the other day i received a refund for the child support that i pay in the total amount of 3 payments. So i did not get a letter saying that the child support was terminated. Just curious on way i would receive the refund. Also i do not owe back child support it has been paid off. Also the child support payment was coming out of my paychecks. Now since that i am on disability. I am making the payments online( it has been about 7 months now that i have been doing this online payment) just very curious on way i would receive a refund with no letter stating that it has been officially terminated. thanks for any input.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I've been paying child support for about 2 years. It is a court ordered case for child support that i pay. Not just a verbal agreement between me and the ex-girlfriend. i just have a quick question the other day i received a refund for the child support that i pay in the total amount of 3 payments. So i did not get a letter saying that the child support was terminated. Just curious on way i would receive the refund. Also i do not owe back child support it has been paid off. Also the child support payment was coming out of my paychecks. Now since that i am on disability. I am making the payments online( it has been about 7 months now that i have been doing this online payment) just very curious on way i would receive a refund with no letter stating that it has been officially terminated. thanks for any input.

What did they say when you called to ask the question?

mlee19841

wont be able to call until monday. i just wanted to have some people giving me helping ideas at what could be going on here.

BL

It could be they reviewed your case .

If you are on SSDI and they child(ren) receive Dependants benefits because of your disability ,those benefits could have replaced CS payment obligations .

Just a thought .

If it wasn't done and you do receive SSDI , you should make sure your children are receiving Dependant bennies and you should file yourself for modification.

mlee19841

that does make sense it might be that I'm on disability through my job and the child support office did call me to verify that i was still on disability. so does that mean i don't owe child support since the money was refunded back to me. well all and all I'm gonna report back Monday when i call and see what the answer is. thanks a lot for the hints at what is going on here..

BL

that does make sense it might be that I'm on disability through my job and the child support office did call me to verify that i was still on disability. so does that mean i don't owe child support since the money was refunded back to me. well all and all I'm gonna report back Monday when i call and see what the answer is. thanks a lot for the hints at what is going on here..
Yes do post back as to why you received a refund and what the status of CS is now .

That's how folks benifit. From the info. provided here.

mlee19841

I called they said that I'm not obligated to pay child support as of now. They said my account balance has been paid off. Also the girl I had the baby with had the pation for child support started in new York.(up state). She was getting welfare assistance when she was in up state new York. Now did I just have to pay off the balance that she made in up state new York. When she was getting welfare assistance. That's the only thing they were able to tell me about the case and that it is in clouser status.

BL

I called they said that I'm not obligated to pay child support as of now. They said my account balance has been paid off. Also the girl I had the baby with had the pation for child support started in new York.(up state). She was getting welfare assistance when she was in up state new York. Now did I just have to pay off the balance that she made in up state new York. When she was getting welfare assistance. That's the only thing they were able to tell me about the case and that it is in clouser status.
If the case is closed then that's it .Don't worry about it right now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">