• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? VA
I wanted to know more about this service. I have a support order for both my boys and my ex has never paid anything except the first payment and a half of one. His amount was set at $65.00 until someway of finding out what he is really making. This was back in Aug of 2002 the amount was set. With only harassing phone calls from him I really had no ideal where he was, only that he called to make threats to me and the boys. I googled him not long ago and happened to find out that he was in NV working in the mines, he was in the paper for being arrested on a child abuse charge. I verified this was him with the jail by social and birthdate. The boys are now 6 and 8 and I would like for them to get the deserved amount of support. We had protection orders in place until they ran out and another one was issued but not served because of not know his location, so I really don't want him to know where we are. Can you tell me what this service would do for us? Thanks so much.

Last edited:

nextwife

What is the name of your state? VA
I wanted to know more about this service. I have a support order for both my boys and my ex has never paid anything except the first payment and a half of one. His amount was set at $65.00 until someway of finding out what he is really making. This was back in Aug of 2002 the amount was set. With only harassing phone calls from him I really had no ideal where he was, only that he called to make threats to me and the boys. I googled him not long ago and happened to find out that he was in NV working in the mines, he was in the paper for being arrested on a child abuse charge. I verified this was him with the jail by social and birthdate. The boys are now 6 and 8 and I would like for them to get the deserved amount of support. We had protection orders in place until they ran out and another one was issued but not served because of not know his location, so I really don't want him to know where we are. Can you tell me what this service would do for us? Thanks so much.
Do you know what is the status of his case? Has he been convicted? Still in jail?

Do you believe he has any assets?

He was charged in Sept of 06 and got out Oct 4th of 06 with a reduced plea of criminal battery and a hefty fine , that is what the court told me when I called them, they also said is was still in the area because he came in to make the payments on the fine.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">