• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Services or Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jneedham

What is the name of your state? Georgia

What is the advantage of using the Office of Child Suport Services to collect child support payments or taking ex-husband to court for contempt? Child support was ordered in my final divorce decree and my ex-husband is not paying.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
jneedham said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

What is the advantage of using the Office of Child Suport Services to collect child support payments or taking ex-husband to court for contempt? Child support was ordered in my final divorce decree and my ex-husband is not paying.
Off of Child Support services should be collecting the child support by garnishing it from his wages. Why aren't they? Take him to court and if he is in contempt then he will be forced to pay a purge or go to jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">