• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support and SSDI/ Imput Income ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pearl72

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

My daughters father just started receiving supplemental benefits for my daughter under my disability. I just received papers stating that he wants child support IN ADDITION to the supplemental benefits. She gets $525 per month off of my disability (supplemental) currently.

My question is this - He has not worked in over a year, refuses to do so since he got custody of our daughter in March 2009. Will they impute an income for him to determine child support off of my disability? I have proof that he is voluntarily unemployed and has the ability to make 40 to 50 thousand a year. (From previous employment) Or will they impute a Minimum wage order for him, and then for me obviously my disability? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">