• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support termination in nebraska

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lambertkerrym

I pay child support to my ex wife for our two children. In our divorce in 2001 it was ordered we have joint custody, the children's primary address would be with their mother, and child support would be in the amount of $500.00/month and continue at $500.00/month until our youngest turned "age of majority". Our children are now 19 and 16.

We have discussed reducing the ordered support to $200.00 or nothing at all, since for the past 3 years we have been living in the same town and the kids are with me half the time. This change would be mutual and uncontested. What papers need to be filed in order to reduce or terminate child support? Also, can we do this ourselves or do we need a lawyer? Do I need to file papers or can she just file to have the child support reduced or terminated?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

I pay child support to my ex wife for our two children. In our divorce in 2001 it was ordered we have joint custody, the children's primary address would be with their mother, and child support would be in the amount of $500.00/month and continue at $500.00/month until our youngest turned "age of majority". Our children are now 19 and 16.

We have discussed reducing the ordered support to $200.00 or nothing at all, since for the past 3 years we have been living in the same town and the kids are with me half the time. This change would be mutual and uncontested. What papers need to be filed in order to reduce or terminate child support? Also, can we do this ourselves or do we need a lawyer? Do I need to file papers or can she just file to have the child support reduced or terminated?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Try this. You write up a stipulated agreement for child support and custody and submit it to the court. If you're in agreement, it shouldn't require a lawyer.

Nebraska Online Legal Self-Help Center | Nebraska Supreme Court

lambertkerrym

I did go to the link you suggested, and it seems Nebraska doesn't have a specific form for a stipulated agreement. But I did get some other useful info and I looks like I can just file an agreed modification with a stipulated agreement drafted by us through the clerk of courts. No need for lawyers, court dates, and big fees. Thank you for the help!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">