• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Termination payments reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

guitarjeff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I have been paying for Court ordered child support payments for my 2 kids, twins, that will be 18 next month and will be graduating from high school in June this year. As per court order my child support ends when my kids turn 19 or graduate from High School or whichever comes first. I understand that I have to fill out a FL195 and Fl430 form (found online) and submit to the court after my kids graduate. My child support payments are currently being garnished through my employer. I understand that after submitting the forms for child support it may take the courts several months before the forms are signed by the judge to approve my child support court order to terminate. My question is how or will I get reimbursed for child support payments that continued to be paid to my ex after the date my kids graduate High School. I understand that I will have to show my employer proof from the courts that the court order has terminated my child support payments in order for my employer to make an adjustment to my wage garnishment which will also take time to take place. Can anyone who has been through this or help me with this process?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I have been paying for Court ordered child support payments for my 2 kids, twins, that will be 18 next month and will be graduating from high school in June this year. As per court order my child support ends when my kids turn 19 or graduate from High School or whichever comes first. I understand that I have to fill out a FL195 and Fl430 form (found online) and submit to the court after my kids graduate. My child support payments are currently being garnished through my employer. I understand that after submitting the forms for child support it may take the courts several months before the forms are signed by the judge to approve my child support court order to terminate. My question is how or will I get reimbursed for child support payments that continued to be paid to my ex after the date my kids graduate High School. I understand that I will have to show my employer proof from the courts that the court order has terminated my child support payments in order for my employer to make an adjustment to my wage garnishment which will also take time to take place. Can anyone who has been through this or help me with this process?
Submit the forms now to be effective when they graduate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">