• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Steph210

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I agreed into a set amount of child support, which is less than the 20% for one child, the father is now agreeing to pay the standard 20%, can I request a modification? He is also expecting a baby in March, what percentage will that child's mother receive?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I agreed into a set amount of child support, which is less than the 20% for one child, the father is now agreeing to pay the standard 20%, can I request a modification? He is also expecting a baby in March, what percentage will that child's mother receive?
When did you agree to the child support that was made a court order? What that child's mother receives is NONE of your business.

Steph210

When did you agree to the child support that was made a court order? What that child's mother receives is NONE of your business.
In 2014 and yes there is a court order. The 2nd part of the question, I'm asking on the father's behalf. He wants to know the calculations. Thank you for your response.

Silverplum

In 2014 and yes there is a court order. The 2nd part of the question, I'm asking on the father's behalf. He wants to know the calculations. Thank you for your response.
He can google a calculator, or he can post for himself.

For a modification in TX, it must be 3 years since the last review OR a significant and material change in the parents' incomes and/or situations. For Dad, that would be his new child. For you, nothing.

LdiJ

Try here:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cs/calculator/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">