• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support and travel expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moecasey

What is the name of your state? NJ
My daughter lives in NY. What are the deductions from gross salary to get to the net salary to figure out the 17% due for child support? Also, being I live in NJ and travel to NY to visit and also to pick up and drop off on my weekends am I able to get a travel credit from CS for that? I travel over 2 bridges and the expense is close to $25 round trip. I visit my daughter 1 night a week for dinner and every other weekend. The expense total is probably around $200 a month. I have been doing all the driving for the past 3 years with no help from the mother. I am the one who moved from NY. The mother has never even been to the house to see where our daughter spends time. Thanks for any input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">