• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support in Utah

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AllorNothin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

Just wondering what is supposed to be covered for child support in Utah. We are joint physical custody week on week off and we pay child support. In our decree it states that we are to pay child support plus 1/2 medical premium and any uninsured medical expenses that are reasonable and necessary. For extracurricular activities we only have to split the cost of the activity if we agree. In the past we have paid for half of activities plus 1/2 of extra equipment "wants" and everything really. The mom is asking for us to pay the iphone cell phone cost now and school fees. It is not stated in the decree on these items so we wanted to know if School supplies and fees are covered in child support in the state of Utah?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Just wondering what is supposed to be covered for child support in Utah. We are joint physical custody week on week off and we pay child support. In our decree it states that we are to pay child support plus 1/2 medical premium and any uninsured medical expenses that are reasonable and necessary. For extracurricular activities we only have to split the cost of the activity if we agree. In the past we have paid for half of activities plus 1/2 of extra equipment "wants" and everything really. The mom is asking for us to pay the iphone cell phone cost now and school fees. It is not stated in the decree on these items so we wanted to know if School supplies and fees are covered in child support in the state of Utah?
Who are "we"?

AllorNothin

If you're not a parent to the child, please have the parent sign up and ask their own questions.
I am a parent. I didn't realized there were stipulations to anyone asking a question. Is that a rule on this site?
Apparently you don't know the answer to this question. Thanks for you time!

If you're not a parent to the child, please have the parent sign up and ask their own questions.
I apologize, I will fix my post.

If you are not a parent to the child in question......

And yes we can help although we only like working with the parents involved. Please read the sticky thread at the top of the custody and visitation forum, that will explain why.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/newbies-please-read-before-posting-387214.html

single317dad

You don't have to pay for anything, except what the court has ordered that you pay. The language of your court order could require you to pay for a great many things, or not many at all. Please post here the exact wording of your support order, minus any names or identifying information.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I am a parent. I didn't realized there were stipulations to anyone asking a question. Is that a rule on this site?
Apparently you don't know the answer to this question. Thanks for you time!
Wl, then..."we" are free to pay for an attorney's time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">