• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support/visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wunduful37

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alabama

My happens to the three year child support order on my kids father now that he has recently been qualified to receive supplemental security income, and will he granted visitation and has only paid 85.00 on a order thats over 10,000?

Proserpina

My happens to the three year child support order on my kids father now that he has recently been qualified to receive supplemental security income, and will he granted visitation and has only paid 85.00 on a order thats over 10,000?

If he asks for visitation, he'll get at least some visitation regardless of whether or not he owes child support.

Was that your question?

LdiJ

If he asks for visitation, he'll get at least some visitation regardless of whether or not he owes child support.

Was that your question?
I am not sure it was....

If he really is receiving SSI he will be uncollectable as far as child support is concerned. There are no children's benefits for SSI (only for SSDI) and no garnishments can be made from SSI payments.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

Even in Bama, CS is not an admission ticket to see one's child.

Link to Alabama Code on Child Custody
http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/acas/CodeOfAlabama/1975/128972.htm

Link to Alabama Administrative Court site on Child Support:
Alabama Unified Judicial System -- judicial.alabama.gov

DHR website on Child Support:
http://www.dhr.state.al.us/page.asp?pageid=288

Schedule of Basic Child Support:
Alabama Unified Judicial System -- judicial.alabama.gov

CSO286

I was just going to say, "huh?"

Uhh... Are you asking if he will be granted visitation even though he has only paid $85 of $10,000 arrears?

Visitation and child support are totally separate issues.

Proserpina

I am not sure it was....

If he really is receiving SSI he will be uncollectable as far as child support is concerned. There are no children's benefits for SSI (only for SSDI) and no garnishments can be made from SSI payments.

I answered the question of "will he ..granted visitation".

Seeing as OP mentioned it, and all. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">