• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bashful19812003

The warrant is out of NY but I live in Michigan. I was wondering if the warrant comes up on an employment background check can that prevent me from getting the job??

LdiJ

The warrant is out of NY but I live in Michigan. I was wondering if the warrant comes up on an employment background check can that prevent me from getting the job??
I cannot tell you for certain one way or the other. However, I haven't heard of anyone not being able to get a job due to a child support warrant.

torimac

I have had to fill out the form for a security clearance, which is a type of background check. Child support arrears and other debts, bankruptcy or financial issues can cause issues with obtaining a security clearance.

If this is a standard background check and not a security clearance, it is up to the employer. In this market, employers can wait for the 'perfect' fit.

Gracie3787

others have answered your question, but I think this should be brought up to you:

The best way to handle the situation is by you taking care of the warrant. A warrant isn't issued unless you were summoned to court for non payment and you did NOT appear at the hearing. That resulted in a warrant being issued.
You will not be able to hide from this, you have to take care of the problem, which you can do by contacting the CSE agency and making arrangements to pay any current support due plus your arrears. However, you need to have as much money as you can to pay when you contact them, the main goal is to collect CS and if you prove to them that you are willing to pay they will work with you.

heroof3

Find out how much the cashbond is on the warrant and pay it. Whats worse not getting a job due to the warrant or having this really great job for a few months then getting fired because you are incarcerated.

Find out how much the bond is... get the money... turn yourself in... pay cash bond to bond out...= no more warrant!

Don't due this on a friday at 4pm or you may not be able to bond out untill monday morning meaning weekend Jail 4 U :)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I wouldn't hire somebody with an outstanding warrant...I tend to like for my workers to be available for work and not sitting in the clink...

bashful19812003

I was never notified

I was never notified of a court hearing. I have been fighting with them for 4 years over this. I have filled out 2 modifications for it and I keep getting the run around. I am willing to pay child support but I need a job first. This has caused me to lose everything and I am even homeless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">