• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support when quitting a job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Opipari

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
My husbands ex-wife has quit her job and filed a modification of child support to get more money. I was just wondering how you can voluntarily quit a job and expect more money when she had an ok job but was "overwhelmed'. She has been fired from jobs and quit so many in the past years and don't see why our family should be punished for her laziness. Is this fair or is there some way we can fight it. We have joint legal and physical custody of his son and have him more time then she does if that matters in any way.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Silverplum

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/newbies-please-read-before-posting-387214.html

My husbands ex-wife has quit her job and filed a modification of child support to get more money. I was just wondering how you can voluntarily quit a job and expect more money when she had an ok job but was "overwhelmed'. She has been fired from jobs and quit so many in the past years and don't see why our family should be punished for her laziness. Is this fair or is there some way we can fight it. We have joint legal and physical custody of his son and have him more time then she does if that matters in any way.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
OP you don't have joint custody. You don't pay child support. And you don't owe mom any more money. Hope that answers all of your questions.

Humusluvr

Easy google search, "Nevada imputed income."

May 2007 Nevada Lawyer

Hope that helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">