• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support without court order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

just&right

Texas.
When I was appointed as managing conservator of my son the court found that my ex-wife did "not have the ability or means to make periodic payments of child support". It was ordered that " no periodic payments of child support be set at this time" (1992). I never thought about going back to court to change the decree. In ten years I received a total of $ 600, although she verbally promised more than once to start some sort of regular payment. Now my son is almost 19. Could I still start some legal action against her for not helping to support my son?

Last edited:

just&right

I have been trying to move on for years. She is after his trust now. I wanted to see if I could use a lawsuit as a weapon to keeper cool

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">