• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CHild Support Without Using AG

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chamsdropz24

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Good afternoon. I have a divorce decree from 2014 that does not include a child support order. My ex wife and I still have multiple loans and vehicles in each others names and are amicable with one another. Even though we are amicable with one another, we are finally separating households at the end of the summer and I would like to establish child support. We do NOT want the Attorney General involved with this process and prefer to have it established a matter of record for the court, just not enforced through the AG.

Is there a way to go around the AG and establish court ordered child support without worrying about them interfering?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Good afternoon. I have a divorce decree from 2014 that does not include a child support order. My ex wife and I still have multiple loans and vehicles in each others names and are amicable with one another. Even though we are amicable with one another, we are finally separating households at the end of the summer and I would like to establish child support. We do NOT want the Attorney General involved with this process and prefer to have it established a matter of record for the court, just not enforced through the AG.

Is there a way to go around the AG and establish court ordered child support without worrying about them interfering?
It depends on how strongly the judges in your local area feel about child support going through the AG. You probably need a quick consult with a local attorney because they are the ones who have a handle on the climate of your local courts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">