• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support and the witness protection program.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris799902

What is the name of your state? CT

Does anyone know who is responsible for paying child support if the non custodial parent is in the witness protection program??

Shay-Pari'e

kris799902 said:

Does anyone know who is responsible for paying child support if the non custodial parent is in the witness protection program??

Who the heck do you think should be responsible? Me?:rolleyes:

weenor

You know you've gone through an ugly divorce when either one of you has to go into the witness protection program.:cool:

ceara19

weenor said:
You know you've gone through an ugly divorce when either one of you has to go into the witness protection program.:cool:
I wish I had known that was an option when I got divorced!

E

eme76

at first i was thinking WTF kind of question is this.....then i started thinking about it and...well....now i want to know too:eek:

Just Blue

ceara19 said:
When a person is in the witness protection program, isn't their original identity considered "dead"?

Gee I don't know...

But I would think that the "witness" would be given a new identity and a job...

So when Mario becomes Stan and gets that great new job as Manager at Dairy Queen in Buttpoke Alabama wouldn't the FBI be able to forward the CS to the ex Mrs. Mario?

abstract99

kris799902 said:

The obligor. He can have his address protected or stricken from the record. He can also ask the court to be allowed to attend court under a sur name. I have actually heard of this happening b4 but I would have to look up the case to try to find it if it is online. I guess the dads son testified against a big drug lord or something so the whole family went into witness protection (dad, son and his ex). I am pretty sure that he went to court under a false address which he was given permission to do so by the court. Child support was deducted from his check and sent to mom ok. Don't know the specifics though, just heard about it through some case overview online. This of course, was a while ago and both mom and dad were passed on.

baystategirl said:
Gee I don't know...

So when Mario becomes Stan and gets that great new job as Manager at Dairy Queen in Buttpoke Alabama wouldn't the FBI be able to forward the CS to the ex Mrs. Mario?
But if the people hunting down Stan/Mario catch wind that Mrs. Mario is receiving child support payments, wouldn't that clue them in that Stan/Mario is still among the living?

This is a very unusual question...

weenor

baystategirl said:

One thing I do know...as a person who travels through the State of Alabama on a regular basis...there is no such place as "Buttpoke" At least no incorporated town or village...that's not say there isn't an area of the state known as "Buttpoke" by the locals

justalayman

baystategirl said:
Are you an alter ego manifestaion of IAAL?:eek: :D :D :D
(just kidding)

Shay-Pari'e
Who the heck do you think should be responsible? Me?
It was nice of Shay to offer though. That was an offer wasn't it??

ceara19

baystategirl said:
Gee I don't know...

Isn't Buttpoke just a few miles down the road from BFE?

Anyway, if he actually paid ANY child support, there would be a paper trail, no matter how hard they try to cover it up. If the witness protection agency had the person declared "dead", the CP could then get SS death benefits (if they qualify).

Personally, I wouldn't want my child going to visit the other parent if they are hiding out from criminals, but then it wouldn't really be fair to make them pay support. Especially if the parent was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and happened to witness Mario whack Silvio.

Completely O/T -

Bay - the new spell check progam I just installed keeps changing your name from baystategirl to b a s t a r d l y for some reason. Have you done something to tick off the spell check people? ;)

Just Blue

weenor said:
One thing I do know...as a person who travels through the State of Alabama on a regular basis...there is no such place as "Buttpoke" At least no incorporated town or village...that's not say there isn't an area of the state known as "Buttpoke" by the locals

Sorry weenor...didn't mean to dis your state...well...I did mean to dis...but not to offend you!! I just like the way that sounds...Buttpoke Alabama...Has a certain ring to it!:p

Last edited by a moderator:

weenor

baystategirl said:
Sorry weenor...didn't mean to dis your state...well...I did mean to dis...but not to offend you!! I just like the way that sounds...Buttpoke Alabama...Has a certain ring to it!:p

You can make fun of my state with a name like As$ho!e Massachusetts....Thats what the dufuses up north call it...or m*******s...:(

LOL I am lawyer that lives in Alabama by choice...no possible way that I can be offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">