• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children Relocated from Alabama to Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jayper

My Children have recently been relocated from Alabama to Georgia. My divorce was in Baldwin County, Alabama, and my case related to child visitation and child support has been under a Baldwin County, Alabama, Judge. How does the relocation of my Children affect jurisdiction of my case and child support?

LdiJ

My Children have recently been relocated from Alabama to Georgia. My divorce was in Baldwin County, Alabama, and my case related to child visitation and child support has been under a Baldwin County, Alabama, Judge. How does the relocation of my Children affect jurisdiction of my case and child support?
The order still stands unless someone wants to change it. If you still live in AL jurisdiction will remain in AL. If you live in AL but not Baldwin County, you might be able to get it moved to your county.

If you don't live in AL, jurisdiction will eventually follow the children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">