• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Childsupport/Cash Assistance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommyto4

What is the name of your state? Arizona

**I am posting this for a friend of mine that was just notified yesterday they found her estranged husband**

Couple is still married, 4 year old son together, she is on disability, has been receiving assitance from the govt for medical, cash assistance and food stamps. She is on a very tight income due to her disability and is not able to work.

Husband left 3.5 years ago, was found recently and ordered to pay support (Child Support Enforcement is handling the case). The informed her that she would no longer be receiving cash assistance due to the child support order. They also informed her that due to her being on cash assistance of 265 a months for the last 3.5 years that the state is required to be paid back the total amount. The informed her that they would be taking the court ordered child support to do this until cash assistance is paid back. Child support ordered is 350.

The question is this the way she is understanding that she will lose cash assistance and will not be receiving child support until they are paid back? 265/month over 3.5 years is 11130 and if they get the 350 from him (which first payment hasn't been made) that will take 38 months. as I said earlier she is very tight income due to her disability and this will make or break her so she would like to prepare.

Thanks everyone!

Neal1421

mommyto4 said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

**I am posting this for a friend of mine that was just notified yesterday they found her estranged husband**

Couple is still married, 4 year old son together, she is on disability, has been receiving assitance from the govt for medical, cash assistance and food stamps. She is on a very tight income due to her disability and is not able to work.

Husband left 3.5 years ago, was found recently and ordered to pay support (Child Support Enforcement is handling the case). The informed her that she would no longer be receiving cash assistance due to the child support order. They also informed her that due to her being on cash assistance of 265 a months for the last 3.5 years that the state is required to be paid back the total amount. The informed her that they would be taking the court ordered child support to do this until cash assistance is paid back. Child support ordered is 350.

The question is this the way she is understanding that she will lose cash assistance and will not be receiving child support until they are paid back? 265/month over 3.5 years is 11130 and if they get the 350 from him (which first payment hasn't been made) that will take 38 months. as I said earlier she is very tight income due to her disability and this will make or break her so she would like to prepare.

Thanks everyone!
Does she receive SSDI?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">