• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

childsupport question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tstevans

What is the name of your state? PA
My son's father owes me back child support for the past 4 years, we are scheduled to go in front of a Judge 6/21/06 for contempt. I know he is now working because my mom seen him yesterday and he was quick to cover up the name of the company he works for. Am i correct in assuming that becuase he is so far behind if he is working at a legit job they will automatically with hold the back support or do i have to take some type of legal action to get this done, also is there a way for the courts to find out where he is working since i do not know. I do not want to know where for myself, I just want to make sure the courts can find this information.
I appreciate any advice given!

CSE will need to know where he's working so they know where to send the garnishment order. PA businesses are required to enter all newly hired employees in to a database that CSE has access to. However, this doesn't always happen. Often times, you will have to help CSE by doing some of the legwork to find out where he's working. Did you mother get any information at all? How is it that he was able to "cover up the name?" In any event, try to find out any information you can and pass it along to your caseworker.

Edit: Once they do find verifiable employement, then yes CSE will automatically order wage garnishment.

tstevans

He was wearing a uniform shirt that has your name on one side and the company name on the other side embroidered, so when he relized it was my mom, he hurried up and put his hand over the company name and left the store. Thanks for your help.

fairisfair

tstevans said:
He was wearing a uniform shirt that has your name on one side and the company name on the other side embroidered, so when he relized it was my mom, he hurried up and put his hand over the company name and left the store. Thanks for your help.
I would be going back to the store, see if anyone there would tell you who might have been making any deliveries etc. at that time. You would be amazed how much people like to talk if you approach them in the right way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">