• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chrissim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrissim

What is the name of your state?FloridaWhat is the name of your state?

My ex husband has re-married and has custody of our daughter. I do pay child support. He plans to move from Florida to Idaho to live and take our daughter there. What right do I have for visitations (currently it is every other weekend or whenever he needs me to take care of her do to his work schedule)? Would he have to be responsible to get her to me for visitations (cost wise) and would I still be obligated to pay child support? Thank you

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well.... you realize that you can contest his moving your daughter and ask for a change in custody, right? Generally, if you don't do that, you should file for a modification of visitation (eow from Idaho -> FL isn't particularly practical) and ask that he be held responsible for transportation costs.

MandyD

chrissim said:
What is the name of your state?FloridaWhat is the name of your state?

and would I still be obligated to pay child support? Thank you
Just to add to Stealth's advice, yes you will still be obligated to pay support. Your child's needs don't disappear with a change of address.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">