• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Circumstances where Child Support ends?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nym9

NY State.

A mother of two is currently getting child support. I would like to know what circumstances, if any (such as the mothers marriage, marriage + the new husband adopting the stepchild, etc) are the fathers no longer required to pay child support.

BelizeBreeze

nym9 said:
NY State.

A mother of two is currently getting child support. I would like to know what circumstances, if any (such as the mothers marriage, marriage + the new husband adopting the stepchild, etc) are the fathers no longer required to pay child support.
When the child dies.
When the child reaches 21
When the child emancipates
When the payor dies.

LdiJ

BelizeBreeze said:
When the child dies.
When the child reaches 21
When the child emancipates
When the payor dies.
and if the CP's spouse adopts the kids

nym9

LdiJ said:
and if the CP's spouse adopts the kids
I noticed the poster before you left that one out!

Thats the one I was asking about to confirm. So as long as the spouse doesn't adopt, the child support continues.

Phnx02

nym9 said:
I noticed the poster before you left that one out!

Thats the one I was asking about to confirm. So as long as the spouse doesn't adopt, the child support continues.
Of course! Unless another person is willing to take 100% financial responsibilty for your children....which he/she is only legally obligated to do thru adoption, YOU are still financially responsible for your children! Sounds like your trying to get out of this.......

nym9

Phnx02 said:
Of course! Unless another person is willing to take 100% financial responsibilty for your children....which he/she is only legally obligated to do thru adoption, YOU are still financially responsible for your children! Sounds like your trying to get out of this.......
:rolleyes: whacko

Regarding the legal differences between step-children and adopted children, I learned that adoption implies legal responsibily, which also means any child support coming in would stop. Thats all I needed to know, thanks posters (except the whacko)

Shay-Pari'e

nym9 said:
:rolleyes: whacko

Regarding the legal differences between step-children and adopted children, I learned that adoption implies legal responsibily, which also means any child support coming in would stop. Thats all I needed to know, thanks posters (except the whacko)
Don't you just love the Dead beat Dad's? Wacked? Dude, you can't even take care of your child. You want to simply dismiss your child as if it is trash.

I know you and your attitude. When you grow up and start using condoms you will get a "Brownie Point" from the general public.

Until you do grow up, please use a condom for your insignificant pleasure.

It is actually a good thing, as no child deserves a father like you. You will die a lonely bitter old man,.......but hey! You got out of supporting YOUR child. Thumbs up dude!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">