• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil ("Capias") Warrants:

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Destinyandfaith

My ex husband is a disabled vet arrested on capias warrant and received low disability monthly. We cant afford cash bond. Must wait until next week for hearing before judge. We are Trying to reconcile . He has helping out as much as he can and is very involved with our child. He has a court appointed lawyer. I will agree to drop back child support $15,000, but not sure if this will help him or id he will face jail time. I talked to child support and wrote letter to judge but was told since our child is on Medicaid there are other issues involved. Can/will the judge put him in jail? Id there anything i can do to help?

Just Blue

My ex husband is a disabled vet arrested on capias warrant and received low disability monthly. We cant afford cash bond. Must wait until next week for hearing before judge. We are Trying to reconcile . He has helping out as much as he can and is very involved with our child. He has a court appointed lawyer. I will agree to drop back child support $15,000, but not sure if this will help him or id he will face jail time. I talked to child support and wrote letter to judge but was told since our child is on Medicaid there are other issues involved. Can/will the judge put him in jail? Id there anything i can do to help?
Pick a thread and delete the other two,.;)

Silverplum

The problem with the involvement of Medicaid is that you can't "forgive" that debt, and the state very likely won't.

There's nothing you can do except attend the hearing.

Destinyandfaith

Will he have to serve jail time? I am worried about what this will do to our 7 year old daughter. She looks forward to seeing him almost daily, and will not understand why he is not around. I think that the absence of her father would do more harm psychologically, than any back child support. Will the judge sentence him to jail or place him on probation, etc??

Silverplum

Will he have to serve jail time? I am worried about what this will do to our 7 year old daughter. She looks forward to seeing him almost daily, and will not understand why he is not around. I think that the absence of her father would do more harm psychologically, than any back child support. Will the judge sentence him to jail or place him on probation, etc??
We can't know or guess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">