• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Computing child support with overtime worked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rschmidlk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

My job has voluntary overtime. I have volunteered in the past so my child support payment will be based on my previous overtime worked. I am under no obligation to work overtime and I am able to refuse it at any given time. Even IF I choose to volunteer, due to cutbacks, there will be less and less overtime available. I am afraid that I will not be able to afford my payments (yet to be decided) due to my future overtime. As I said before, this overtime is completely voluntary and NOBODY has the right to mandate that I work overtime. What are your thoughts on this?

http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/bcs/bulletins/2006/CSB06-08.pdf

According to the link, using overtime to calculate your support obligation is discretionary on the part of the judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">