• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Concerned on certain issues with child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grimreaper1014

Don't drag other states into someone else's thread. It's not only useless, but also confusing to the poster.
I find it very hard to believe regardless of state that someone would except less welfare than they would get if they just took the child support.

Last edited by a moderator:

grimreaper1014

In his situation there is no pass through in Florida. I see it has now been changed to $100 for one child in pa or $200 for 2 in pa as well. It was different a few years ago. So that means one of three things. She can however keep all of the support if she is NOT receiving cash. To clearify. She can collect food stamps, medical assistance, plus keep the child support.

www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/state-policy-pass-through-disregard-child-support.aspx

1. His ex is not very smart as if he was paying as much as he claims she would do way better with all that support.

2. He is lying about how much he pays.

3. She has been on welfare for so long that when he paid the big lump sum, and monthly payments they all go to the state.

So as it would seam Silver your making comments but yet your doing nothing to actually help the OP. Atleast I am providing information that is accurate to the case. I might not of been 100% correct on the amount she was getting but was correct on the fact that she is not keeping it all as the OP stated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">