• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Concerned on certain issues with child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oscar342

I reside in New Jersey. My case is in Florida. Let me start by saying Happy New Year. So my issues are the following. I need an explanation and if any lawyer feels that I have a case to build towards who ever it is then I am all in, this has to stop. Example: The mother has a child while working now gets Medicaid, food stamps, wic, vouchers. Things don't work out with the father he gets put on child support. The father gets served he goes to court sees a clerk and they tell him what he has to pay plus the retro. you get hit with 39k in retro for 6 months of the child being born. ( ????) Mind you I was making $14.50 an hour. So I now I start paying for it, the mother is still working, Medicaid, food stamps and vouchers. The mother is living a luxurious life at this point all this money coming from every different way. 10 years later I request a downward in my support 10 YEARS. that's how long it took me to pay off the retro. for those 10 years she collected all of that, while I struggled keeping a second job to stay afloat. From my understating is when the custodial parent ask for public assistance that's when they go after the non-custodial parent. So what should happen at that point some of the public assistance should go away. But it doesn't she continues to get them. Even to current time she continues to get them. Now the Child support law says the support is required for the well being of the child. ( ????) Well being of the child well riddle me this if the father is out working 2 to 3 jobs to be able to live now can't see the child what did you really do??? Now we go into the issue of trying downward your child support after 10 years I did it why cause my financial changed. But ready for this they lower your child support and hit you with any medical bills. How can there be any medical bills if you are Medicaid. I know there is things that the Medicaid doesn't cover. So once again what they really do. I am moving forward this because its WRONG IN SO MANY WAYS. THEY SAY WE WORRY ABOUT THE WELL BEING. Explain this to me, I get hit one child 241.52 every two weeks, 200.31 every weeks for other children, and 82 every two weeks for another child this all being a $9.00 an hour and $11.00 an hour 2 different jobs. one job 40 hours for two weeks, and the other 25 hours for two weeks. Now me working I can't get my son from Florida cause I wont have the time to spend them. BUT THEY WORRY OF THE WELL BEING. YEAH RIGHT THEY LEFT THE CHILD IN THE AIR CAUSE THEY ARE LOOKING ARE THE WHATS IN BLACK AND WHITE THEY HAVE TO FOLLOW WHATS WRITTEN. SOMEONE CAME UP WITH IT AND DIDNT REALIZE WHAT THE ULTIMATE RESULT WOULD BE. I am sending letters to congressman and senators in my district. I also have friends in the same issue and are doing the same thing in many different states. Attorneys please shine some light on us. I know there is many ways to downward the support, requesting timesharing, submitting financial affidavit. But the real reason I am on here is who is watching the custodial parents get away with all that they get away with. I served my country proudly and will still do it anytime. But when I see this happening I ask myself who is watching this is anyone monitoring this.

LdiJ

I reside in New Jersey. My case is in Florida. Let me start by saying Happy New Year. So my issues are the following. I need an explanation and if any lawyer feels that I have a case to build towards who ever it is then I am all in, this has to stop. Example: The mother has a child while working now gets Medicaid, food stamps, wic, vouchers. Things don't work out with the father he gets put on child support. The father gets served he goes to court sees a clerk and they tell him what he has to pay plus the retro. you get hit with 39k in retro for 6 months of the child being born. ( ????) Mind you I was making $14.50 an hour. So I now I start paying for it, the mother is still working, Medicaid, food stamps and vouchers. The mother is living a luxurious life at this point all this money coming from every different way. 10 years later I request a downward in my support 10 YEARS. that's how long it took me to pay off the retro. for those 10 years she collected all of that, while I struggled keeping a second job to stay afloat. From my understating is when the custodial parent ask for public assistance that's when they go after the non-custodial parent. So what should happen at that point some of the public assistance should go away. But it doesn't she continues to get them. Even to current time she continues to get them. Now the Child support law says the support is required for the well being of the child. ( ????) Well being of the child well riddle me this if the father is out working 2 to 3 jobs to be able to live now can't see the child what did you really do??? Now we go into the issue of trying downward your child support after 10 years I did it why cause my financial changed. But ready for this they lower your child support and hit you with any medical bills. How can there be any medical bills if you are Medicaid. I know there is things that the Medicaid doesn't cover. So once again what they really do. I am moving forward this because its WRONG IN SO MANY WAYS. THEY SAY WE WORRY ABOUT THE WELL BEING. Explain this to me, I get hit one child 241.52 every two weeks, 200.31 every weeks for other children, and 82 every two weeks for another child this all being a $9.00 an hour and $11.00 an hour 2 different jobs. one job 40 hours for two weeks, and the other 25 hours for two weeks. Now me working I can't get my son from Florida cause I wont have the time to spend them. BUT THEY WORRY OF THE WELL BEING. YEAH RIGHT THEY LEFT THE CHILD IN THE AIR CAUSE THEY ARE LOOKING ARE THE WHATS IN BLACK AND WHITE THEY HAVE TO FOLLOW WHATS WRITTEN. SOMEONE CAME UP WITH IT AND DIDNT REALIZE WHAT THE ULTIMATE RESULT WOULD BE. I am sending letters to congressman and senators in my district. I also have friends in the same issue and are doing the same thing in many different states. Attorneys please shine some light on us. I know there is many ways to downward the support, requesting timesharing, submitting financial affidavit. But the real reason I am on here is who is watching the custodial parents get away with all that they get away with. I served my country proudly and will still do it anytime. But when I see this happening I ask myself who is watching this is anyone monitoring this.
So, you are paying child support to three different mothers for at least 4 children?

First, saying that one of the mothers is living in luxury because she and the child are living on welfare benefits and child support is absurd. I can understand your gripe about 39k in arrears for only the first six months of the child's life (was the child born premature and those repaid Medicaid?).

However all of the rest of your problems are your own fault. You continued to make more babies when you couldn't afford the one you had.

Silverplum

We can't help you with your anger. Child support is what it is: no point in being all mad because the state makes you pay to help support your own children.

grimreaper1014

Hello Oscar

Happy New year to you as well. It was a little hard to stay focused on the entire posting because you didn't use paragraphs. However, I get the idea. I can provide some suggestions. When a parent is receiving benefitd from the welfare office and they get support domestics only gives the recipient of the support the difference. They don't get both. So in other words if you are paying 1,000$ a month and she is getting 500$ a month from welfare she does not get both. She gets 500$. The other 500$ repays the state. The sane goes for medical. You are responsible to reimburse a portion or all of it depending on the rules set forth.

Now on to the support being lowered. Did you have legal representation when the support was set 10 years ago? If so then it your attorney should of helped you to make sure you are paying a fair amount. If that amount is still to high you should of got a second opinion. Pertaining to now. I would go to the domestics relations office and request a hearing for support to be lowered based on your new situation. Speak to an attorney and have one represent you that is willing to help. I wish you the best.

Good luck,
Grim

Last edited:

Silverplum

Hello Oscar

Happy New year to you as well. It was a little hard to stay focused on the entire posting because you didn't use paragraphs. However, I get the idea. I can provide some suggestions. When a parent is receiving benefitd from the welfare office and they get support domestics only gives the recipient of the support the difference. They don't get both. So in other words if you are paying 1,000$ a month and she is getting 500$ a month from welfare she does not get both. She gets 700$. The other 700$ repays the state. The sane goes for medical. You are responsible to reimburse a portion or all of it depending on the rules set forth.

Now on to the support being lowered. Did you have legal representation when the support was set 10 years ago? If so then it your attorney should of helped you to make sure you are paying a fair amount. If that amount is still to high you should of got a second opinion. Pertaining to now. I would go to the domestics relations office and request a hearing for support to be lowered based on your new situation. Speak to an attorney and have one represent you that is willing to help. I wish you the best.

Good luck,
Grim
$700 + $700 = $1,400

oscar342

So, you are paying child support to three different mothers for at least 4 children?

First, saying that one of the mothers is living in luxury because she and the child are living on welfare benefits and child support is absurd. I can understand your gripe about 39k in arrears for only the first six months of the child's life (was the child born premature and those repaid Medicaid?).

However all of the rest of your problems are your own fault. You continued to make more babies when you couldn't afford the one you had.

She is living the luxury life with a full time job and all the other benefits Im clear on that. What I am not clear on who over seas these things why should they be able to acquire all these benefits and while collecting this crazy amount on child support.

Also I did clarify that I don't have an issue providing for any of my kids cause I am one of the good ones that doesn't go in the other direction of it. Just to be clear. I was put on child support making 14.50 an hour I obviously got a better paying job and was able to maintain myself in the 10 years with all my kids. My argument is why should they be receiving all these benefits. While the non-custodial parent struggles. even if you aren't many other people shoes put your thoughts in it for just a few minutes with my math ans you tell me if doesn't make you think a little bit. And trust I am do to be over with child support in 9 years that's when my last child turns 18. I still wont stop for those fathers that are in that type of situation.

oscar342

Hello Oscar

Happy New year to you as well. It was a little hard to stay focused on the entire posting because you didn't use paragraphs. However, I get the idea. I can provide some suggestions. When a parent is receiving benefitd from the welfare office and they get support domestics only gives the recipient of the support the difference. They don't get both. So in other words if you are paying 1,000$ a month and she is getting 500$ a month from welfare she does not get both. She gets 500$. The other 500$ repays the state. The sane goes for medical. You are responsible to reimburse a portion or all of it depending on the rules set forth.

Good luck,
Grim

The reason I say she is getting both is because when I have owed the retro, my taxes were being taken away from me and all of it was going to her. Why I say this because I tried to reconcile with her and she showed me a bank statement where the entire tax money I had went straight to her.

Silverplum

The reason I say she is getting both is because when I have owed the retro, my taxes were being taken away from me and all of it was going to her. Why I say this because I tried to reconcile with her and she showed me a bank statement where the entire tax money I had went straight to her.
Yup. That's how it works.

LdiJ

She is living the luxury life with a full time job and all the other benefits Im clear on that. What I am not clear on who over seas these things why should they be able to acquire all these benefits and while collecting this crazy amount on child support.

Also I did clarify that I don't have an issue providing for any of my kids cause I am one of the good ones that doesn't go in the other direction of it. Just to be clear. I was put on child support making 14.50 an hour I obviously got a better paying job and was able to maintain myself in the 10 years with all my kids. My argument is why should they be receiving all these benefits. While the non-custodial parent struggles. even if you aren't many other people shoes put your thoughts in it for just a few minutes with my math ans you tell me if doesn't make you think a little bit. And trust I am do to be over with child support in 9 years that's when my last child turns 18. I still wont stop for those fathers that are in that type of situation.
500.00 a month is not a crazy amount of child support. Its actual a bit on the low to medium low side.

They get those benefits because they qualify for those benefits. Those benefits do not get handed out like candy, one has to qualify.

eerelations

I stopped reading at $39,000 for six months' support for one child, with a job that paid $14.50 per hour. Not possible, and if it did happen, OP should have contested it at the time. Being all huffy about it now is too little, too late.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It was a typo. Sorry your answer is not correct either. If he is paying 1,000 and she gets 500 cash assistance she only gets an additional $500 in child support. Not the full 1,000. So she gets 500 and 500.
Actually no. She either gets cash assistance OR child support. NOT both. The child support is paid to the state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">