• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this 'conflict of interest'

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZonMoore

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NV
I posted before about my case, however, after the court date the mother of my child stated to me that my attorney said to her "obviously I am representing Zontonnia, but if you have any questions or resolutions give me a call'. My attorney has not said any thing about this to me. As a layperson to the matters of courts, I do feel as if I should dis-continue with this attorney.

single317dad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NV
I posted before about my case, however, after the court date the mother of my child stated to me that my attorney said to her "obviously I am representing Zontonnia, but if you have any questions or resolutions give me a call'. My attorney has not said any thing about this to me. As a layperson to the matters of courts, I do feel as if I should dis-continue with this attorney.
Is your ex represented or pro se?

Proserpina

I can think of one or two reasons why your attorney offered to be a friendly ear to your ex - and those reasons would not cast you in a bad light.

Think about it....

ZonMoore

I did think in that light, I just was not so sure. I have had a tendency to think positive of matters that I should have not been thought in that matter. I wanted to make sure this time.

Proserpina

I did think in that light, I just was not so sure. I have had a tendency to think positive of matters that I should have not been thought in that matter. I wanted to make sure this time.

It's not uncommon for an attorney to suggest to your ex that all questions should go through him/her. It can accomplish a couple of things, including reducing the likelihood of your ex being able to bully you during the suit. There's also the tendency for people to overstate their confidence that they'll win and sometimes they'll hand the attorney everything the attorney needs to help your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">