• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melliann

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

I am the CP to my son, the NCP doesn't want anything to do with my son (because he is disabled), anyways we were in court last Monday, he was arrested the beginning of September for contempt on my child support account. This is going to be the 3rd warrant being issued in less than a year, he didn't follow the judges orders (doesn't surprise me) of either paying by the end of the business day last Friday or reporting to the workhouse so the 3rd warrant for the year is being issued. I want to know if there is a way that I can find out when it has been put into the system, my child support case worker helps out as much as she can but like most she has too many files. I can't afford an attorney, I just don't know what to do anymore.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

I am the CP to my son, the NCP doesn't want anything to do with my son (because he is disabled), anyways we were in court last Monday, he was arrested the beginning of September for contempt on my child support account. This is going to be the 3rd warrant being issued in less than a year, he didn't follow the judges orders (doesn't surprise me) of either paying by the end of the business day last Friday or reporting to the workhouse so the 3rd warrant for the year is being issued. I want to know if there is a way that I can find out when it has been put into the system, my child support case worker helps out as much as she can but like most she has too many files. I can't afford an attorney, I just don't know what to do anymore.
What do you mean "when it has been put into the system"?

Ultimately, you are doing everything you can. When ex fails to pay, he is charged with contempt - and, apparently, found guilty. It's out of your hands. He can choose to pay or to be found in contempt again - and ultimately probably do some jail time.

You simply need to find a way to survive without the child support. Then, if you get it, it's gravy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">