• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt Charges-When Will They Go Through?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CLNAC

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My ex is supposed to be held in contempt soon for child support. I was told they mailed out a contempt letter July 2nd and are waiting for it to come back. What if he doesn't mail it back?
They said he called for the pre-contempt letter and said he was unemployed. A lady at CS told me when he is in contempt they will make him get a job. My ex is in and out of jail and I just went to court for visitation today ugh.

It seems like everytime I call CS I get blown off or transferred to people's vm's and I filed a state hearing and then right after that they seemed to put him in pre-contempt-funny huh? It seems like they can care less about if I get support and I'm sorry but it would really help with bills and for things with my son so I will call daily if I have to till I at least get an answer about what is going on.

My ex was supposed to have felony theft charges for ebay and burgulary and menancing by stalking charges but apparently it's ok to defraud people on ebay and not pay support.

I'm at my wits end. My husband works 7 days a wk and I'm getting taken off Medicaid the end of this month and I can't afford daycare for the job I work at now because with my husband's income we are at the top tier for getting child care assistance through JFS and I'd love to work but with the full cost of daycare it might not even be worth it. I have a 4 yr degree but can't find a decent job.

But anyways, how can I get this to do the contempt ASAP?

So I want to call the other county I lived in where my child support is and see if they can fax a document to the court in the county I live in now (had to go to court today for visitation and my ex lied to the judge and said he pays) and hope maybe they can put the contempt in sooner as the county I live in now is #1 in all of Ohio in collecting support.

If he's gonna go after visitation, then I want my child support or his rights taken away.

More background info. on him and his family here:
Visitation Pre-Trial Questions in Ohio, Please Help!? - Yahoo! Answers

futuredust

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My ex is supposed to be held in contempt soon for child support. I was told they mailed out a contempt letter July 2nd and are waiting for it to come back. What if he doesn't mail it back?
They said he called for the pre-contempt letter and said he was unemployed. A lady at CS told me when he is in contempt they will make him get a job. My ex is in and out of jail and I just went to court for visitation today ugh.

It seems like everytime I call CS I get blown off or transferred to people's vm's and I filed a state hearing and then right after that they seemed to put him in pre-contempt-funny huh? It seems like they can care less about if I get support and I'm sorry but it would really help with bills and for things with my son so I will call daily if I have to till I at least get an answer about what is going on.

My ex was supposed to have felony theft charges for ebay and burgulary and menancing by stalking charges but apparently it's ok to defraud people on ebay and not pay support.

I'm at my wits end. My husband works 7 days a wk and I'm getting taken off Medicaid the end of this month and I can't afford daycare for the job I work at now because with my husband's income we are at the top tier for getting child care assistance through JFS and I'd love to work but with the full cost of daycare it might not even be worth it. I have a 4 yr degree but can't find a decent job.

But anyways, how can I get this to do the contempt ASAP?

So I want to call the other county I lived in where my child support is and see if they can fax a document to the court in the county I live in now (had to go to court today for visitation and my ex lied to the judge and said he pays) and hope maybe they can put the contempt in sooner as the county I live in now is #1 in all of Ohio in collecting support.

If he's gonna go after visitation, then I want my child support or his rights taken away.

More background info. on him and his family here:
Visitation Pre-Trial Questions in Ohio, Please Help!? - Yahoo! Answers
No one can make him get a job. They can however find him in contempt then proceed with action against him. Which can include drivers or professional license suspensions, jail time, income tax intercept etc.

Since you have been receiving state aid, the state can and likely will go after him for arrears.

His criminal activity has nothing to do with your child support.

Antigone*

This is your fourth new thread. If you start any more new threads, I will report you. You better stop

Are you on drugs, or are you just insane?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">