• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kortenzi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My fiance received a texted message from his son's mother stating "I bet you are able to buy groceries, I can't. You have not paid your support and I have called to put you in contempt." My fiance texted her back telling her that the check for support was sent to PASCUDU on the 19th. She called him a liar. He called PASCUDU and they told him that the check can be in their system from 7 to 10 days before she even gets it. But, he is not even late can she infact do this?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My fiance received a texted message from his son's mother stating "I bet you are able to buy groceries, I can't. You have not paid your support and I have called to put you in contempt." My fiance texted her back telling her that the check for support was sent to PASCUDU on the 19th. She called him a liar. He called PASCUDU and they told him that the check can be in their system from 7 to 10 days before she even gets it. But, he is not even late can she infact do this?
There is nothing to stop her from filing, if she chooses.

LdiJ

There is nothing to stop her from filing, if she chooses.
I agree, but by the time it would get into court it would show that dad had actually paid the money, so it should end up being a moot point.

However, I will add a proviso. Dad should call again and make sure that the payment was credited to the correct account. While its fairly rare, mistakes can happen.

Silverplum

Let her make a fool of herself, and let her file motions that cost money. Let her send her bimbo text messages.

She'll learn, soon enough.

:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">