• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In Contempt or Fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MomInPa

What is the name of your state? Pa

Hello. I am the Plantiff in a child support case who has an ex living in Florida. He is currently under a court order to pay each month + an amount on his arrearages that are over $14,000. For 8 months he did not pay, and claimed he could not work because of a work related injury at his previous job and filed for workers compensation. However, during an investigation of that claim, he was found to be working at a construction site and getting paid under the table. So, this guy's been sending in doctor's excuses to the court that he can't work, yet he was caught working at this construction site and getting paid under the table. Isn't this fraud of workers compensation AND the court order? Or is this just contempt of the court order and just fraud of workers compensation? I'd like to know what can be done for justice in this case. Thank You.

Sincerely, MomInPa

(I hope this message is clearer than the last one I posted.)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
MomInPa said:

Hello. I am the Plantiff in a child support case who has an ex living in Florida. He is currently under a court order to pay each month + an amount on his arrearages that are over $14,000. For 8 months he did not pay, and claimed he could not work because of a work related injury at his previous job and filed for workers compensation. However, during an investigation of that claim, he was found to be working at a construction site and getting paid under the table. So, this guy's been sending in doctor's excuses to the court that he can't work, yet he was caught working at this construction site and getting paid under the table. Isn't this fraud of workers compensation AND the court order? Or is this just contempt of the court order and just fraud of workers compensation? I'd like to know what can be done for justice in this case. Thank You.

Sincerely, MomInPa

You need to PROVE he is working at the construction site under the table. Do you have proof or just your say so?

Gracie3787

MomInPa said:

Sincerely, MomInPa

I answered on your other thread before I saw this one.

MomInPa

Ohiogal said:
You need to PROVE he is working at the construction site under the table. Do you have proof or just your say so?

Hello Ohiogal. Thank you for replying. WC caught him working at this construction site during their own investigation and they have no intention of paying out on his claim. So, yes there is proof. Thank you.

Sincerely, MomInPa

LdiJ

MomInPa said:
Hello Ohiogal. Thank you for replying. WC caught him working at this construction site during their own investigation and they have no intention of paying out on his claim. So, yes there is proof. Thank you.

Sincerely, MomInPa

There is probably no actual fraud in either issue. WC caught him so he didn't actually collect. Therefore, they aren't likely to pursue fraud.

However...he is BIG TIME in contempt on child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">