• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt hearing basic questions optional sob story

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
/// What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Before i get started i wrote this on note pad, and when i pasted it, it came out formatted like this

I have a contempt hearing sometime, I dont remember the actual date, and when I

call to the county court house they tell me I need to call the court in which the

case will be heard. The only issue is that I have yet to be served, I have

gotten no mail, only a vague warning from my childs mom that she will see me in court. I went down to the Child

Support office to make a payment, and they told me the date, and I THINK they said

the 28th of this month. Ive tried to call in to the local office, but the automated system sucks

I dont have a phone of my own, so its hard to call them so many times, and when i do

can never get through. I am pretty sure its on the 28 tho, sorry I am rambling;

moving on. From what I understand is that the courts do not need to provide me

with an attorney unless 2 qualifications are met: A) The possibility of jail time

is on the table should I be found guilty of the said violation B) I have to

be considered indigent. I am indigent for sure. I have been unable to work for

quite so me time due to some medical issues, as well as some personal issues. I do

house work for family in exchange for food, and a couch to sleep on, I have not a buck

to my name, I dont even have food stamps, or any kind of help from uncle sam(

you can skip the sob story and move on to the main question on the following

section. Its most just rambling with too much emotion to taken seriously, filled with spelling errors, and even poorer grammar!

Everyone likes to spill their guts out on how they are victim in these places so read if you like, I left the courtesy of making it an optional read

be warned it is long, and will probably contain the same stuff every dead beat says. or maybe not read if you want)

I would like a fair shot at defending myself, and having such a short notice on

when my court date did not afford me enough time to either look for legal council

at a reduced rate threw the resources available to people like myself, or did I

have time to build a proper defense. I know it is a long shot, but, every man and

woman has the right to defend himself when he is charged with a crime. I will not

simply go in, and say yes I was in contempt willingly and knowingly because I dont

respect the courts your honor. No, because that is not the case. I tried my best

to comply, I respect the courts and their order, the many years i did work, they

were taking 55 percent of my check out, and not once did i complain! I work until

I broke myself. I dont want to go in their like a fool armed with nothing more

than the ramblings of former drug addict. I would either like to have an attorney

do that for me, or paper evidence do the talking for me. I think that is fair. So

what can I do, can i ask for a reset so close to the court date? I know I have to

show up, but i have not been served in any sort of formal capacity. I dont even

know if I got the right date and time, i have nothing to reference. I tried

contacting a few attorneys today, I am looking at 1500 bucks minimum upfront

..Im so lost here, the woman has the attorney general working for her

I got nobody, just me. I dont have the resources she does to prepare my case on

the spur of the moment. I know if jail is an option my court date will be reset,

but regardless I still want to defend myself. I dont really want an extension

between you all and myself. This not knowing what will happen has been killin me!

I am not sleeping, eating nothing. I am beyond stressed. Im scared, even tho ive

been assured by the lawyers i spoke with, the people at the courthouse, and the

receptionist at the AG that if this is my first time in I will not go to jail. I

never been in jail before. I used to be a little thug back in the day, Ive spent

my past years staying out of trouble even with my habits. I dont want to go now

for something like this..help!!

PS I know I am putting myself out their in a public forum where the anonymous feeling of being behind a computer screen gives users the feeling that people on the other end are not being real. It is easy to lose sight that we are real, and have feeling, concerns, and worries. Because of this, people tend to be more blunt than they would normally if they were talking to someone in person. I understand this, and am guilty of this as well. But please keep in mind that the situation I am going threw is already hard enough as it is. I know where my failures in life have been, it does no good to remind me of what I been threw I know who I failed, how I failed them and why I failed them, and this is something that eats at my soul everyday So please please please I am asking for you guys to take it easy on me lol. Over the years this site has been very helpful, so once again I am turning to it. If you must pass judgement, and make rude, or ugly remarks please try to hold back some. As long as you guys can help me out a bit, It will be a fair trade off. Heck thanks for even reading it. I mean that.)?

Last edited:

Proserpina

Before i get started i wrote this on note pad, and when i pasted it, it came out formatted like this

call to the county court house they tell me I need to call the court in which the

gotten no mail, only a vague warning from my childs mom that she will see me in court. I went down to the Child

Support office to make a payment, and they told me the date, and I THINK they said

the 28th of this month. Ive tried to call in to the local office, but the automated system sucks

I dont have a phone of my own, so its hard to call them so many times, and when i do

with an attorney unless 2 qualifications are met: A) The possibility of jail time

quite so me time due to some medical issues, as well as some personal issues. I do

house work for family in exchange for food, and a couch to sleep on, I have not a buck

section. Its most just rambling with too much emotion to taken seriously, filled with spelling errors, and even poorer grammar!

Everyone likes to spill their guts out on how they are victim in these places so read if you like, I left the courtesy of making it an optional read

be warned it is long, and will probably contain the same stuff every dead beat says. or maybe not read if you want)

when my court date did not afford me enough time to either look for legal council

have time to build a proper defense. I know it is a long shot, but, every man and

woman has the right to defend himself when he is charged with a crime. I will not

simply go in, and say yes I was in contempt willingly and knowingly because I dont

respect the courts your honor. No, because that is not the case. I tried my best

to comply, I respect the courts and their order, the many years i did work, they

were taking 55 percent of my check out, and not once did i complain! I work until

than the ramblings of former drug addict. I would either like to have an attorney

do that for me, or paper evidence do the talking for me. I think that is fair. So

what can I do, can i ask for a reset so close to the court date? I know I have to

the spur of the moment. I know if jail is an option my court date will be reset,

between you all and myself. This not knowing what will happen has been killin me!

I am not sleeping, eating nothing. I am beyond stressed. Im scared, even tho ive

receptionist at the AG that if this is my first time in I will not go to jail. I

never been in jail before. I used to be a little thug back in the day, Ive spent

PS I know I am putting myself out their in a public forum where the anonymous feeling of being behind a computer screen gives users the feeling that people on the other end are not being real. It is easy to lose sight that we are real, and have feeling, concerns, and worries. Because of this, people tend to be more blunt than they would normally if they were talking to someone in person. I understand this, and am guilty of this as well. But please keep in mind that the situation I am going threw is already hard enough as it is. I know where my failures in life have been, it does no good to remind me of what I been threw I know who I failed, how I failed them and why I failed them, and this is something that eats at my soul everyday So please please please I am asking for you guys to take it easy on me lol. Over the years this site has been very helpful, so once again I am turning to it. If you must pass judgement, and make rude, or ugly remarks please try to hold back some. As long as you guys can help me out a bit, It will be a fair trade off. Heck thanks for even reading it. I mean that.)?
TL;DR

I do have one question.

Why do you think the court should offer you a break? A long answer is not required - just the gist is fine.

And yeah, I'm going to call you on one teeny little thing. Mom doesn't have the AG working for her. YOUR CHILD have the AG working for him/her.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Unless there are criminal charges happening, you will NOT get an attorney paid for by the public, no matter how indigent you are. :cool:

Eekamouse

You sound like a thief who is crying not because he's sorry he stole but because he got caught. Self serving and soaked with self-pity. You are a drug addict who has not supported his children and would not even bat an eye at it but for the fact your ex is taking you to court for contempt. You have this attitude of everyone is working against me and siding with her. The AG doesn't work for her. You don't have any excuses that will fly with the court so why exactly do you need more time to prepare your defense? You not working because of drug use and what not is hardly going to get you out of your obligation to the children you made. Sorry. This is the nicest I can be to a person like you.

TL;DR

I do have one question.

Why do you think the court should offer you a break? A long answer is not required - just the gist is fine.

And yeah, I'm going to call you on one teeny little thing. Mom doesn't have the AG working for her. YOUR CHILD have the AG working for him/her.
m

Les set aside the emotion, and social judgement here like i asked, if thats okay. I dont think the courts should give me a break, if being a bad father was a crime, I would be guilty as charged. I made too many mistakes, and I dont have enough breath in my lungs to tell my kids how sorry I am, if were able to save all the breaths I had left in my body times 10000. I am asking that I be provided a fair a legal trial, because contempt of court is a criminal charge. I have not been served in any way, I also do not have the time in the remaining days to even gather a half the paper work i need. Also, let me clarify what I meant by the mother having the AG working for them, they have them advising them on how to go about things, legal advice, setting of court dates, etc, this whole time, they have never advised me of anything that will help my case. For example in 2007 i was making 15 bucks an hour, in 2009 I was down to 6.25 an hour. I tried to go in and adjust it, they gave me a hard time, so it never got done. They know what im getting paid and when im getting paid. This is how they deduct money from every pay check from every job, why could they not adust it for me to cut back on the amount I would owe

Last edited:

Silverplum

m

Les set aside the emotion, and social judgement here like i asked, if thats okay. I dont think the courts should give me a break, if being a bad father was a crime, I would be guilty as charged. I made too many mistakes, and I dont have enough breath in my lungs to tell my kids how sorry I am, if were able to save all the breaths I had left in my body times 10000. I am asking that I be provided a fair a legal trial, because contempt of court is a criminal charge. I have not been served in any way, I also do not have the time in the remaining days to even gather a half the paper work i need. Also, let me clarify what I meant by the mother having the AG working for them, they have them advising them on how to go about things, legal advice, setting of court dates, etc, this whole time, they have never advised me of anything that will help my case. For example in 2007 i was making 15 bucks an hour, in 2009 I was down to 6.25 an hour. I tried to go in and adjust it, they gave me a hard time, so it never got down. They know what im getting paid and when im getting paid. This is how they deduct money from every pay check from every job, why could they not adust it for me to cut back on the amount I would owe
I suggest you stop with the "optional sob story" stuff. It just makes us dislike you MORE.

You sound like a thief who is crying not because he's sorry he stole but because he got caught. Self serving and soaked with self-pity. You are a drug addict who has not supported his children and would not even bat an eye at it but for the fact your ex is taking you to court for contempt. You have this attitude of everyone is working against me and siding with her. The AG doesn't work for her. You don't have any excuses that will fly with the court so why exactly do you need more time to prepare your defense? You not working because of drug use and what not is hardly going to get you out of your obligation to the children you made. Sorry. This is the nicest I can be to a person like you.

Lol this is what I was talking about. Let me correct you here buddy. 1 I am a recovering drug addict. I have been clean, excuse me in recovery for 2 years. Next, My oldest is 12, born in 2004 I supported her alone until she was 6, me and the mother broke up she got a job, and my child support plus her moms check supported her. in 2011 I lost my job. After that I could not find any long term jobs, I couldnt hold a job beacuase my medical issues, this lead to drug use depression etc..which further hindered my job situation. I admited this was my fault...read up. Next, Even tho I was not working, I would do odd jobs, and pay the mom cash, she was happy with that. Things got ugly when she wanted her boyfriend of 5 months to adopt my kids. I refused to sign the rights over so she pushed the ag to take me to court...so thank you for your reply god bless

Get snippy with the volunteers and you can walk on home.

:rolleyes:
Well, if someone wants to disrespect a long time member here, so be it. I might suggest that they have the proper information while doing it so their volunteer work does some good while they attempt to belittle the people who come here in search of answers, and advice when a lawyer isnt an option .
Thanks for pointing that out, again god bless, and have a good day.

Silverplum

Well, if someone wants to disrespect a long time member here, so be it. I might suggest that they have the proper information while doing it so their volunteer work does some good while they attempt to belittle the people who come here in search of answers, and advice when a lawyer isnt an option at the moment.
Thanks for pointing that out, again god bless, and have a good day.
Her answer was 100% correct. You attitude is what's wrong. Also, your reading comprehension: if you read the post again, you might see why she's correct.

(Also: LOL at "long time member" description of yourself, compared to the Supreme Excellence of the contributions by TheGeekess.)

Proserpina

m

Les set aside the emotion, and social judgement here like i asked, if thats okay. I dont think the courts should give me a break, if being a bad father was a crime, I would be guilty as charged. I made too many mistakes, and I dont have enough breath in my lungs to tell my kids how sorry I am, if were able to save all the breaths I had left in my body times 10000. I am asking that I be provided a fair a legal trial, because contempt of court is a criminal charge. I have not been served in any way, I also do not have the time in the remaining days to even gather a half the paper work i need. Also, let me clarify what I meant by the mother having the AG working for them, they have them advising them on how to go about things, legal advice, setting of court dates, etc, this whole time, they have never advised me of anything that will help my case. For example in 2007 i was making 15 bucks an hour, in 2009 I was down to 6.25 an hour. I tried to go in and adjust it, they gave me a hard time, so it never got down. They know what im getting paid and when im getting paid. This is how they deduct money from every pay check from every job, why could they not adust it for me to cut back on the amount I would owe

You're asking us to not do what you spent all that time in Notepad doing yourself.

A little disingenuous don't you think?

Why the AG should offer you help, I do not know. C'est la vie.

Her answer was 100% correct. You attitude is what's wrong. Also, your reading comprehension: if you read the post again, you might see why she's correct.
I will do that, and if I am wrong I will apologize, and erase my comment. I know that I am at the members discretion here on whether I am helped or not, I am willing to take the beating up to a point, in the hope that some good information may be passed along to me, but if people are being mean just to be mean, with no info, thats something that will only get a negative response.

I will apologize anyways, perhaps because it is a little known fact, the volunteer may have not been aware. I am sorry maam. Excuse me for the maam ,thats my South Texas coming out.
Sec. 157.163. APPOINTMENT OF ATTORNEY. (a) In a motion for enforcement or motion to revoke community service, the court must first determine whether incarceration of the respondent is a possible result of the proceedings.
(b) If the court determines that incarceration is a possible result of the proceedings, the court shall inform a respondent not represented by an attorney of the right to be represented by an attorney and, if the respondent is indigent, of the right to the appointment of an attorney.
(c) If the court determines that the respondent will not be incarcerated as a result of the proceedings, the court may require a respondent who is indigent to proceed without an attorney.
(d) If the respondent claims indigency and requests the appointment of an attorney, the court shall require the respondent to file an affidavit of indigency. The court may hear evidence to determine the issue of indigency.
(e) Except as provided by Subsection (c), the court shall appoint an attorney to represent the respondent if the court determines that the respondent is indigent

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">