• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Couldn't find any cases of this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nissan23

What is the name of your state? NC

Just discovered this forum today, and after reading 100's of threads I was unable to find anything related. I'm the father(non-custodial) and we were divorced in 96. Child support was ordered in Fla. but I now reside in NC. My ex and I are going to be getting back together, and she will be moving here. We have considered re-marrying. Has anyone had a similar experience and what effect will this have on CS arrangements?

Phnx02

Nissan23 said:
What is the name of your state? NC

Just discovered this forum today, and after reading 100's of threads I was unable to find anything related. I'm the father(non-custodial) and we were divorced in 96. Child support was ordered in Fla. but I now reside in NC. My ex and I are going to be getting back together, and she will be moving here. We have considered re-marrying. Has anyone had a similar experience and what effect will this have on CS arrangements?
Depends on what your previous obligations were per court order. If you were ordered to pay cs, and are in arrears, you will still have to pay this regardless if you two get back together. Unless your ex will be so kind as to "forgive" this debt and motion for such thru the courts. If you two move back in with each other - same thing as far as current support goes. You are obligated to pay per court order unless you file for a modification to cease payments becasue of current living situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">