• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

county refuses to enforce, interstate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dhcracker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

I have been ignored by my counties child support enforcement for years now. I am a single father and my ex wife owes over 7,000.00$ in back support. They keep telling me they cannot excersize jurisdiction over her because she fled the state to avoid child support.

However when I read up on http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/407-00/5201.PDF

I see SEVERAL clauses that apply to her, when I lived in a different county they made her appear before the court and basically gave her one last chance to pay up. She hasn't honored any orders since then, and when I moved here it seems because I am man they are refusing to help me.

ALL these clauses of the above statute apply to this person... but its not the FATHER registry its the PARENT registry... see we still have sexism even in our laws lol.

(2) The individual submits to the jurisdiction of this state by consent, by entering a general appearance, or by filing a responsive pleading having the effect of waiving any contest to personal jurisdiction;
(3) The individual resided with the child in this state;
(4) The individual resided in this state and provided prenatal expenses or support for the child;
(5) The child resides in this state as a result of the acts or directives of the individual;
(6) The individual engaged in sexual intercourse in this state and the child may have been conceived by that act of intercourse;
(7) The individual asserted parentage in the putative father registry maintained in this state by the Cabinet for Health and Family Services; or
(8) There is any other basis consistent with the constitutions of this state and the United States for the exercise of personal jurisdiction.

What my beef is, when I was behind 1,000.00 They threatened me with 180 days in jail. Yet they won't even file a complaint or send a summons to the woman now that she lost custody.

What if anything can I do about this? All the judges and the attorneys involved here are women I don't think I am getting a fair shake at all. I feel like I"m being punished for having the nerve to be a single father.

Any ideas?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

I have been ignored by my counties child support enforcement for years now. I am a single father and my ex wife owes over 7,000.00$ in back support. They keep telling me they cannot excersize jurisdiction over her because she fled the state to avoid child support.

However when I read up on http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/407-00/5201.PDF

I see SEVERAL clauses that apply to her, when I lived in a different county they made her appear before the court and basically gave her one last chance to pay up. She hasn't honored any orders since then, and when I moved here it seems because I am man they are refusing to help me.

ALL these clauses of the above statute apply to this person... but its not the FATHER registry its the PARENT registry... see we still have sexism even in our laws lol.

(2) The individual submits to the jurisdiction of this state by consent, by entering a general appearance, or by filing a responsive pleading having the effect of waiving any contest to personal jurisdiction;
(3) The individual resided with the child in this state;
(4) The individual resided in this state and provided prenatal expenses or support for the child;
(5) The child resides in this state as a result of the acts or directives of the individual;
(6) The individual engaged in sexual intercourse in this state and the child may have been conceived by that act of intercourse;
(7) The individual asserted parentage in the putative father registry maintained in this state by the Cabinet for Health and Family Services; or
(8) There is any other basis consistent with the constitutions of this state and the United States for the exercise of personal jurisdiction.

What my beef is, when I was behind 1,000.00 They threatened me with 180 days in jail. Yet they won't even file a complaint or send a summons to the woman now that she lost custody.

What if anything can I do about this? All the judges and the attorneys involved here are women I don't think I am getting a fair shake at all. I feel like I"m being punished for having the nerve to be a single father.

Any ideas?
- Ask to speak to a supervisor at CSEA.

- Hire an attorney to sue ex for CS

- Hire an attorney to pressure CSEA to do their job

And, btw, you are almost certainly not being discriminated against for being a man. You only make yourself look bad if you continue with that kind of rant.

I also suspect that you're not getting the full story and there may be other factors involved. You probably need to sit down with the case worker to go through it in detail. Have you been living in your current county for long? Do you have evidence of where ex is working or living? Also, what state is the order from and what state is your wife living in?

BL

You also stated the X moved out of State and you moved .

When did you move ?

Does this mean neither parent lives in the issuing State ?

If so and your the custodial parent register your order with the proper local court .You may have to obtain a certified copy and follow the State/County's procedures to register it .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">